The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:22:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819952 times)
Zen Master (+ 1 Hidden) and 39 Guests are viewing this topic.
CobblerForever

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #29700 on: October 21, 2021, 16:23:53 pm »

In my 2nd year at Nene College I rented a house with 3 others in Lower Adelaide Street, Semilong. Early one evening I opened the front door to go to the shop and found someone standing on our doorstep. Suffice to say, she wasn´t selling replacement windows.

Back when I lived in Semilong (March 1987 to September 1990) the received opinion was that the majority came down from Birmingham to solicit in the area. My recollection is that the police/local authority named and shamed kerb crawlers in the Chron including one of the area's postmen and a bank manager.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #29701 on: October 21, 2021, 16:48:43 pm »

Back when I lived in Semilong (March 1987 to September 1990) the received opinion was that the majority came down from Birmingham to solicit in the area. My recollection is that the police/local authority named and shamed kerb crawlers in the Chron including one of the area's postmen and a bank manager.
Having had a barney with my missus, I once spent the night in my truck cab, parked up in the Super Sausage carpark. Birminghams finest were soon around, banging on the door.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29702 on: October 21, 2021, 17:07:11 pm »

Having had a barney with my missus, I once spent the night in my truck cab, parked up in the Super Sausage carpark. Birminghams finest were soon around, banging on the door.

You used to get a mean BJ there back in the day (allegedly).
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3086

« Reply #29703 on: October 21, 2021, 19:36:52 pm »

You can't beat a good prossie (unless you are a pimp, of course).
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #29704 on: October 21, 2021, 19:41:39 pm »

You used to get a mean BJ there back in the day (allegedly).
Hello my lovely, false teeth in or out?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #29705 on: October 22, 2021, 07:04:13 am »

If the cabins rocking don’t bother knocking.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3359

« Reply #29706 on: October 22, 2021, 07:45:15 am »

Did the judge buy that story?
This whole tread reads like that. swap judge for wife and its the same effect  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #29707 on: October 22, 2021, 14:39:00 pm »

This whole tread reads like that. swap judge for wife and its the same effect  Grin
With a quote like that mate you are clearly not married.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3359

« Reply #29708 on: October 24, 2021, 08:35:07 am »

See the new hotel end are off on Twitter again asking if they should carry on or drop it. I think THEY should carry on. Engage with fans (funny that) to fund it and not expect the club or the trust to do it all for them. If not all they have done is draw some colourful boxes on the satellite picture and a pretty video game stand
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29709 on: October 24, 2021, 09:55:03 am »

If not all they have done is draw some colourful boxes on the satellite picture and a pretty video game stand
Now you are getting it mixed up along with the NTFC Power Point presentation from June ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29710 on: October 24, 2021, 12:01:39 pm »

We can put them both in the same box as the Trusts leaflet
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29711 on: October 24, 2021, 12:39:02 pm »

Except the club have an intake of around £6m 100’s of staff and 6 years in which to prepare them.
So no Woody it’s not the same.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29712 on: October 24, 2021, 15:01:48 pm »

I'm sorry I seem to have missed the Trust "leaflet" claiming they would be completing the East Stand, could you point me in the right direction so I can read it. It obviously exists doesn't it ? otherwise some people might that you are posting untrue things to make the Trust look bad and, surely you wouldn't do that , would you ?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29713 on: October 24, 2021, 17:12:02 pm »

I'm sorry I seem to have missed the Trust "leaflet" claiming they would be completing the East Stand, could you point me in the right direction so I can read it. It obviously exists doesn't it ? otherwise some people might that you are posting untrue things to make the Trust look bad and, surely you wouldn't do that , would you ?
You’ll have to forgive Woody, he works for the club.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #29714 on: October 24, 2021, 18:42:31 pm »

Just seen Shaq on tv at the American Grand Prix at Texas , could anyone else tell if he was wearing his cobblers scarf?
Will he be officially opening the redeveloped stand?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29715 on: October 24, 2021, 19:11:01 pm »

And I’ve missed where I said such a leaflet exists. I’m sure you know what leaflet I was referring too. I wasn’t clear in linking the three. All three can go in the box of “s*** things”. I hope you are calm enough to appreciate the very veiled attempt at humour and humbly apologise that wasn’t clearer.
If we actually go back to my first point, I was actually defending Trust as they have unfairly been dragged into the NHE fallout
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29716 on: October 24, 2021, 21:14:57 pm »

Just seen Shaq on tv at the American Grand Prix at Texas , could anyone else tell if he was wearing his cobblers scarf?
Will he be officially opening the redeveloped stand?
Did you see he had to duck his head walking into the garage.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3429

« Reply #29717 on: October 25, 2021, 07:32:21 am »

I have mentioned before I have huge respect for those trying to promote the NHE project but from my perspective it’s a total non-starter and would gain little traction. I certainly would not want to invest my hard earned into this design as I see little or no long term benefit for the club and supporters.

The only (organisation) that should be taking on such a project is the Trust and they clearly do not have the metal nor the personnel to take it on.
I can see no reason whatsoever why they should not independently plan, fund and build a new north stand galvanising the supporters with an impressive yet practicable design.

For me the existing north stand should remain and integrated within a new stand built behind and above this lower tier. A new second tier of approximately 2000 seats above, accommodating below pitch facing administration and meeting rooms for the Trust, visible and welcoming.
Pitch facing modular facilities (The Brian Lomax suite) for 365 day hospitality accessed from a large usable multi functioning concourse with bars, catering, flexible “stage area” and outside balcony areas capable of providing not only a fantastic match day experience but year round income and opportunity, local band nights etc. as The NHEs plans suggest.

Within this new stand at the east end there should be a dedicated visible micro-brewery run by the Trust, members and volunteers which could supply the bar within the stand and hopefully sell within the county and beyond becoming a profitable venture for the Trust and club. The stand should be built with the intention of making money independently of the football club.

Go for this bold £3m plan and I will chip in and I’m sure a few others will too, no more dogs dinners, crib nights or car boots please.

What have they to lose?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29718 on: October 25, 2021, 11:10:59 am »

Great post as usual mate, completely agree, the design for the North stand already exists.
The foundations are there, the plans need digging out and re costing, it would mean 12 rows of seats built behind the existing lower tier.
This would make the new North approx 2100 seats.
Behind the stand could be the fan zone, microbrewery, stage etc.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 11:19:01 am by Manwork04 » Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3429

« Reply #29719 on: October 25, 2021, 13:48:40 pm »

Thanks Manny, if only those who sit at the various tables shared our vision!

I was hoping with the formation of the Trust we would eventually see some tangible developments and benefits for the fans of NTFC, ways we could contribute, a more secure long term future for the club with additional investment (ring-fenced from owners) and spent directly on benefits for the club and fans but honestly I’m not sure what has actually been achieved?  Its time they stood up.

The plan I have, and the Trust are welcome to it, would not only be a catalyst for them but realise vital funds for the club and that is to build a home, a business, a stand.

A prominent development, in this case a fans, Trust built stand is the way forward. A rough visual pitch side comparison would be the Homeserve stand at Walsall however their original lower tier is larger than our existing north stand tier and therefore the Homeserve stand sits somewhat higher. Ours would be so much more beautiful.

They added just over 2000 seats to the upper tier and boxes behind the original structure. Creating an upper tier provides a roof for the important section underneath, my plan a multi functioning 365 day enterprise, a home for the new prominent Trust and an everyday meeting place for fans with a bar selling its own product, an attraction in itself.

Creating an open plan visual, well-polished copper clad working micro-brewery at the east end with its own bar, kitchens and hospitality could provide a bar venue experience open 7 days a week. With a versatile stage area at the opposite (west) end capable of providing for a band or additional match day areas, wedding singers, whatever. Just as the NHE envisaged but somewhat more professional and practical for everyday use.

The upper concourse itself obviously capable of accommodating 2000 people so versatile for almost any event, even an Indian wedding! Being on the first floor, level with the back of the current north stand even a balcony area could be provided to the front aspect so customers at events or even match day could enjoy a beer outside in the right weather.

The pitch viewing private boxes or VIP areas (Brian Lomax Suite) could be sold individually or even integrated as part of bigger events, the Trust also having a pitch facing home, admin management centre and real base to finally grow from. Full time jobs created within the brewery, bars and management.

Funding? “Sell” the 2000 seats for £1500 each, frankly that's bugger all and I would wager there are enough of us fans scattered around the globe who would love to “buy a seat” to build a new stand. Only 1999 to go as I’m in!

They will tell me it’s not possible, but they've never tried.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: