The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 19:50:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842357 times)
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #33480 on: April 15, 2022, 08:36:28 am »

Yes, we are Cobblers to a man.

Chauvinsim lives!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #33481 on: April 15, 2022, 09:05:11 am »

The Trust is not its board. The board is simply a part of the trust.

The Trust can change its board at an AGM should it wish, similar to how the Council and the Cabinet works.

The AGM is a general meeting, so therefore members should either receive a letter by post inviting them to it, or if they have given permission, an email.

Everyone should get this 14 clear days before the meeting, and an additional 48 hours should be given to trust members to participate in any vote at a general meeting if they are to receive it by post. This is in the Trust constitution.

https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/model-rules
Please don't take this the wrong way, but may I say that perhaps you should spend more time on the governance of the council and less worrying about the Trust, because to be honest the council’s track record isn’t one of the best TBH.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #33482 on: April 15, 2022, 09:11:38 am »

I hope all you lot manage to tear yourselves away from the keyboard as Oldham is about 3 hrs drive. OAP Tkts only £8.00 and hoi poloi under £20. Happy days!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3491

« Reply #33483 on: April 15, 2022, 09:20:01 am »

Please don't take this the wrong way, but may I say that perhaps you should spend more time on the governance of the council and less worrying about the Trust, because to be honest the council’s track record isn’t one of the best TBH.

The record of the Council I server WNC, is pretty good governance-wise so far. We are also going through independent auditing too. I sit on the Corporate Governance committee so I already have that covered at present. So you do not need to worry about this, feel free to come along if you wish, would be good to say hi.

Being a Councillor does not limit your scope to just Council matters, residents contact you about many issues in many areas to look into. I'd say the Cobblers is one that I have been contacted the most on so far.

In regards to the Trust, I have joined. It's important to know the rules of an organisation you are a member of I think. You may not remember them all but useful to scan through, plus the rules are public, same as the Council, which is pretty good to be fair.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #33484 on: April 15, 2022, 09:31:47 am »

The Trust is not its board. The board is simply a part of the trust.

The Trust can change its board at an AGM should it wish, similar to how the Council and the Cabinet works.

The AGM is a general meeting, so therefore members should either receive a letter by post inviting them to it, or if they have given permission, an email.

Everyone should get this 14 clear days before the meeting, and an additional 48 hours should be given to trust members to participate in any vote at a general meeting if they are to receive it by post. This is in the Trust constitution.

https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/model-rules
This as been carried out for the last 30 years, the Trust don't need you to tell them about an AGM, they have organised them 100% correctly before you posted this. Could you please inform all us on here who, you assume, know nothing, which political party you represent  please?
Report Spam   Logged
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Windows User Nineth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #33485 on: April 15, 2022, 09:40:33 am »

With respect, I don't really care about the constitution etc. I am simply saying that if I was part of a board that made a decision which met with such overwhelming opposition, whatever the rights and wrongs of that decision, I would consider my position.

Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #33486 on: April 15, 2022, 09:55:26 am »

I am not going to get roped into this thread as its just an absolute black hole. But one thing I wanted to ask about was timelines. I appreciate that the club have had the land for a long time etc and could have built the east stand by now, but it did also appear that we were going to get a stand, it appeared that it was slowly coming into sight.

I can understand the trust wanting the land to benefit the club long term. But actually doing that seems really difficult as you need a huge sum to start with to ensure you can then generate the funds. I dont know if I have missed anything but has anything been put out there via the trust in terms of we aim to have a proposal by x date (approximately) etc. I would like to think a rough idea of how much could be raised from investors etc would have been considered beforehand.

This isnt me sniping or talking down to anyone, im genuinely wanting to know. I dont have the skillset to be able to organise large scale funding, or suggest if a building is acceptable or not. But as I am sure most passionate Cobblers fans would do, I would financially back anything that seems positive for the club. I would happily put forward some money to help build something for the fans. But without having any idea what that is, plans etc then obviously I cannot. Its the same with the North stand extension ideas. Great idea (although seemed farfetched in my opinion). But would have been happy to back it and put some cash up for it as im sure many fans would. But that is still probably going to be a tiny fraction of what is required.

So I guess my question is, is there a plan A/B/C etc currently with any sort of costs attached to that for the ACV area.

Could we not use this opportunity as perhaps saying, we could raise x amount of money to perhaps benefit the north or south stand for example, via fans and investment. Or perhaps for a permanent fan village etc in addition to what will hopefully be built as an east stand.

I really am pretty neutral when it comes to all this. I am just a normal fan that goes to games and loves football. I am happy to support different options. Just wondered if there was a timescale for those at all as to me it seems pretty unlikely that the amount of money needed to be raised to build a stand via fans and investors fully is able to be raised.

Much appreciated!

Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #33487 on: April 15, 2022, 10:20:20 am »

I hope all you lot manage to tear yourselves away from the keyboard as Oldham is about 3 hrs drive. OAP Tkts only £8.00 and hoi poloi under £20. Happy days!

Cosy couch for me (actually a sunny terrace) Evers but I’ll let you know my opinions on the game - although you will be pleased to know I did see the last 3 Home Games live and will be back for the Exeter fixture so 4/5 considering the distance is not too shabby 😀
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #33488 on: April 15, 2022, 10:28:11 am »

With respect, I don't really care about the constitution etc. I am simply saying that if I was part of a board that made a decision which met with such overwhelming opposition, whatever the rights and wrongs of that decision, I would consider my position.

Time will see if the decision is right and I absolutely hope it is - however given the magnitude of discontent being shown it‘s clear the trust have not got their messaging right, something I have been concerned about for a long time - the discontented majority might be wrong, might be right or simply misinformed but it’s clear the trust have not got their message across - for a long time I have advocated less abuse to KT (however justified), less insults to people who have a different view providing it is made in a respectful manner and finally more details on their future plans that go beyond canvassing for ideas.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #33489 on: April 16, 2022, 21:18:42 pm »

Time will see if the decision is right and I absolutely hope it is - however given the magnitude of discontent being shown it‘s clear the trust have not got their messaging right, something I have been concerned about for a long time - the discontented majority might be wrong, might be right or simply misinformed but it’s clear the trust have not got their message across - for a long time I have advocated less abuse to KT (however justified), less insults to people who have a different view providing it is made in a respectful manner and finally more details on their future plans that go beyond canvassing for ideas.

Hi Peter

You are totally right, its just that it's easier done than said - especially in the light of posters on here calling you an idiot, a twat, etc etc. I have never resorted to that.

It also does gall me that the Trust are scrutinised 1000 times more closely than KT / club yet have 1000000 times less resources.

I and the Trust have failed to communicate properly, to which I really do apologise, I am genuinely upset that so many fans seem against us, especially when our agenda is simply wanting a better, more secure football club for all of us.

My frustration boils over, again I apologise, I fail to see how KT selling our ACV land is good news for the club and fans.

Again in full disclose from myself, I just want a better football club, I am fed up of us under performing year after year, with no improvement in assets - either on or off the pitch -

So I decided to try and do something about it - it was not an easy decision (not for any of the Trust Directors), the easy thing would be to do nothing and be wise after the event, if (and when) KT rides off into the Florida sunset, leaving NTFC in who knows what condition

So I can say at least i tried, at least I dreamed of a better Northampton,

But even when I say I don't know it all, I'm not expert, I want help, talk to me (or the Trust) , get involved, give us ideas, what would you like to see on that land - it just gets more abuse and ridicule, followed by another post saying that we don't listen, its a private club, we have agendas and I want a job (I have a great job, paying almost 6 figures so I don't need a job) and I certainly don't want fame - all i want is a better NTFC or at least a NTFC trying to be it's best - for its supporters - not for it's owners - is that really too much to ask?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #33490 on: April 17, 2022, 00:10:33 am »

Hi Peter

You are totally right, its just that it's easier done than said - especially in the light of posters on here calling you an idiot, a twat, etc etc. I have never resorted to that.

It also does gall me that the Trust are scrutinised 1000 times more closely than KT / club yet have 1000000 times less resources.

I and the Trust have failed to communicate properly, to which I really do apologise, I am genuinely upset that so many fans seem against us, especially when our agenda is simply wanting a better, more secure football club for all of us.

My frustration boils over, again I apologise, I fail to see how KT selling our ACV land is good news for the club and fans.

Again in full disclose from myself, I just want a better football club, I am fed up of us under performing year after year, with no improvement in assets - either on or off the pitch -

So I decided to try and do something about it - it was not an easy decision (not for any of the Trust Directors), the easy thing would be to do nothing and be wise after the event, if (and when) KT rides off into the Florida sunset, leaving NTFC in who knows what condition

So I can say at least i tried, at least I dreamed of a better Northampton,

But even when I say I don't know it all, I'm not expert, I want help, talk to me (or the Trust) , get involved, give us ideas, what would you like to see on that land - it just gets more abuse and ridicule, followed by another post saying that we don't listen, its a private club, we have agendas and I want a job (I have a great job, paying almost 6 figures so I don't need a job) and I certainly don't want fame - all i want is a better NTFC or at least a NTFC trying to be it's best - for its supporters - not for it's owners - is that really too much to ask?

You don’t want anything different to anybody else. You just go miles around the houses to say it.

Can you answer my question? I have asked it 4 times now. You have asked me to repeat it, and still ignored it.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #33491 on: April 17, 2022, 07:23:25 am »

Random constantly tells people to ask questions, soon as you do, he won't answer them 😒
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #33492 on: April 17, 2022, 08:01:21 am »

I can’t speak for anyone else obviously, but the reason I canvass and scrutinise the Board of the Trust is that they represent me. The owners of the club don’t. So in my humble position my membership of the Trust should give me an opportunity to influence matters in a small way, in theory anyway. That’s my reasons for focusing a part of my attention on the Board, hope his helps those who are confused by the situation.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #33493 on: April 17, 2022, 08:13:17 am »

I can’t speak for anyone else obviously, but the reason I canvass and scrutinise the Board of the Trust is that they represent me. The owners of the club don’t. So in my humble position my membership of the Trust should give me an opportunity to influence matters in a small way, in theory anyway. That’s my reasons for focusing a part of my attention on the Board, hope his helps those who are confused by the situation.
I agree with all of that Melly, but to let our owners do what they want with our club isn’t acceptable either.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #33494 on: April 17, 2022, 10:58:34 am »

I'm bound to think that all these fans who are currently very upset at the Trust's actions only really have themselves to blame. They knew this end point could play out and they demanded a democratic voting process within the Trust, so why didn't they get on board the Trust train ahead of that moment and change its direction when it arrived?
As it turned out it only needed 5 of you.
Must be gutting.

So if anybody wants a say in the future of the club then they need to pay?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #33495 on: April 17, 2022, 11:00:28 am »

But the Trust do now have to deliver a very good plan for that site to make the extra delay worth it. I'm genuinely interested to see what they come up with.
This country has a proud recent history of holding votes without any idea what to do if they actually win so we'll probably just end up adding this to the list
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #33496 on: April 17, 2022, 12:51:15 pm »

This is a question for Councillor Brown, despite him not answering the last one I asked him  Wink 
A. Are there any approved, working drawings for the East Stand ? Could Buckinghams, in theory, start to build on Tuesday morning ?
B. If there are no approved, working drawings at the moment, how long , in you're estimation, would it take to get those drawings done and approved ? I appreciate the the drawings side of things is out of your comfort zone but could you make an informed guess ?
C. You state in a previous post that "The deal that has already been agreed upon deals with the valuation, it deals with the issue of the lease agreement and it deals with the issue of the East Stand" . So, from that, I'm seeing that CDNL will get the land whatever happens with the ACV, is this correct ? If this is the case, wouldn't you agree that it would be in everyone's, WNC & NTFC, to get on with producing the working drawings ?

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #33497 on: April 17, 2022, 13:00:57 pm »

I agree with all of that Melly, but to let our owners do what they want with our club isn’t acceptable either.
Maybe so Manny, but as a member the vehicle for my opinion is primarily the Trust, at least it should be. That’s all I’m saying.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3481

« Reply #33498 on: April 17, 2022, 14:04:04 pm »

Didn’t take Cllr Brown long to become ‘the enemy’. Welcome to THE
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #33499 on: April 17, 2022, 14:07:29 pm »

This is a question for Councillor Brown, despite him not answering the last one I asked him  Wink 
A. Are there any approved, working drawings for the East Stand ? Could Buckinghams, in theory, start to build on Tuesday morning ?
B. If there are no approved, working drawings at the moment, how long , in you're estimation, would it take to get those drawings done and approved ? I appreciate the the drawings side of things is out of your comfort zone but could you make an informed guess ?
C. You state in a previous post that "The deal that has already been agreed upon deals with the valuation, it deals with the issue of the lease agreement and it deals with the issue of the East Stand" . So, from that, I'm seeing that CDNL will get the land whatever happens with the ACV, is this correct ? If this is the case, wouldn't you agree that it would be in everyone's, WNC & NTFC, to get on with producing the working drawings ?

The club said this...

"The Club have met with Buckingham’s already three times moving towards a contract to complete the East Stand and it would be unfair on Buckingham’s or any other party to continue discussions while the Supporters Trust were actively trying to buy the land.

The legal work can continue with WNC, however the contracts could only be signed subject to the expiry of the ACV process so therefore for the Trust to say there would be no delay is again misinformation. They would be the sole reason for any delay beyond the contract signing."

Doesn't say everything has stopped just certain aspects.

Ever thought that Buckingham's might be nervous about putting too many resources behind this until they have stability regarding the affected land/leases.  # once bitten twice shy

Of course we can all play hypothetical games but what is a reality is the club said it would cause delay, the Trust invoked the right to raise a bid and the club confirmed there is now a delay.

We can argue about it all we like but you can hardly complain you weren't told.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: