The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:49:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 [1740] 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820494 times)
Another Pedj, STEVIEG, tcobb, West Stand and 38 Guests are viewing this topic.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #34780 on: August 20, 2022, 12:50:00 pm »

The 97 final picked up on the Euro 96 zeitgeist when football was very trendy. The even better support the following year was a combo of that and word of mouth from the previous year's glorious day out. It dropped off from there.

On a more general note, the football world has changed in the last few decades, largely due to Sky. If you supported Liverpool or Man U or someone in the eighties you only really got to see them live on the odd cup game or match of the day, so if you wanted to catch a football match you might go and see your local team instead. These days it's wall to wall football on TV so you are more likely to stick to your own team than look elsewhere for your football fix

Yes, the population of the county has massively increased in recent years, but the incoming football fan is likely to have maintained their original loyalty, partly due to the Sky factor and partly due to improved transport links and higher disposable income - there's nothing to stop you still going to see your original team in the flesh even if it's miles away.

The current cost of living crisis might in a funny way actually help teams like the Cobblers as people cut back on extravagances but still want to see football each week. If that does happen then the cachement area may become more relevant, otherwise our best bet to take advantage of the increased local population is to focus on the kids of our newer residents and try to tempt them away from the existing allegiances of their parents, but I guess this is much more of a long game than a quick win.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #34781 on: August 20, 2022, 14:10:52 pm »

They are at least 50% down on what would be expected of a well respected, historic and centrally located professional football club that has a whooping great exclusive catchment of over 300,000 within 10 miles!

NTFC have been held back during a boom time in professional football, 20 years at the hands of greedy land obsessed owners have seen less than 2% of local catchment bothering to attend matches, this is an absolute disgrace.
So you are telling me 1.88% increasing to 1.89% in 10 years is something to celebrate?
It looks like too many well meaning yes men ensconced in roles they should never be anywhere near could be the real reason for our clubs constant failure to progress?

So you don't know if sponsorship is down or not, thank you for admitting that.

I used to watch the team play at the County Ground when we were struggling to much more than a thousand fans, so at the moment we are in good times!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34782 on: August 20, 2022, 21:14:53 pm »

So you don't know if sponsorship is down or not, thank you for admitting that.

I used to watch the team play at the County Ground when we were struggling to much more than a thousand fans, so at the moment we are in good times!
I'm as sure as eggs are eggs I doubt local businesses would be chucking money at CDNL, would you?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #34783 on: August 20, 2022, 21:47:38 pm »

When is the next Trust ACV update due? Or WNC Cilldara Judicial Review news?

More to the point, when was the last time the Trust had an AGM?
How many of the board, which have been making decisions apparently on our behalf, are actually elected?
How many are co-opted?
I’d ask the legal advisor to advise if the organisation holding the money raised by the fans is still within the framework I believe it’s supposed to work within?
Would be great to understand if it’s all tickety boo…
I’m sure everything’s in order.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #34784 on: August 20, 2022, 22:09:33 pm »

How many of the board, which have been making decisions apparently on our behalf, are actually elected?
How many are co-opted?
I’d ask the legal advisor to advise if the organisation holding the money raised by the fans is still within the framework I believe it’s supposed to work within?
After all… stones and glass houses etc
The Trust are the one true voice of the fans, I hear they have a pretty vociferous legal team, I’d hope they don’t read that slander you’ve just written  Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3494

« Reply #34785 on: August 20, 2022, 22:30:15 pm »

The Trust are the one true voice of the fans, I hear they have a pretty vociferous legal team, I’d hope they don’t read that slander you’ve just written  Lips Sealed
No slander there, I didn’t write the word fact like you .
Just questions which I’m sure will be answered, as I said I’m sure everything is in order.
Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Jonesy9

View Profile
Level 4 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #34786 on: August 20, 2022, 23:02:01 pm »

Another genuine question here…
I’ve read quite a few messages stating that the trust board are made up of very smart people, with backgrounds from managing business in various industries.

As the trust seem to have a very strong opinion to the fact that the club is being managed into the ground, and have a gripe with every decision made by the owners, could they not put an offer in to buy the club off of the current owners?

They seem to suggest that the current owners are not putting any of their money into the running of the club, so surely it’s down to the initial purchase price, and then their expertise and opinions on how the club should be run could be put to the test?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34787 on: August 21, 2022, 07:11:19 am »

What on earth is slanderous about asking if the Trust board are acting within the framework they subscribe too?

The Trust are NOT the one true voice of the fans. I’d argue that Tom Cliffe also fills that role.
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #34788 on: August 21, 2022, 07:30:02 am »

I think the time is now right for KT to give a detailed plan, with a timescale, at the September 8th forum.

The fans have been extremely patient but deserve the information for the future of our club!
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34789 on: August 21, 2022, 07:34:49 am »

How many are co-opted?
A quick scour of my email inbox shows the Trust last held an AGM, which was done over Zoom, in February this year.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34790 on: August 21, 2022, 08:22:19 am »

What on earth is slanderous about asking if the Trust board are acting within the framework they subscribe too?

The Trust are NOT the one true voice of the fans. I’d argue that Tom Cliffe also fills that role.
Tom Cliffe,  Grin Grin Grin
As I said the Trust are the ONE true voice of the fans. FACT.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #34791 on: August 21, 2022, 08:24:47 am »

As a matter of interest I understand that the Trust board have insurance policies to indemnify themselves. So one would assume from a legal perspective they are at least afforded some protection should some unforeseen event occur? Not sure if this is a recent or historical decision, but I wonder how any commentary on social media in a personal capacity would affect such policies and if the line of demarcation is as distinct as one would imagine? One finds these issues are often contentious.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34792 on: August 21, 2022, 08:35:24 am »

Tom Cliffe,  Grin Grin Grin
As I said the Trust are the ONE true voice of the fans. FACT.

Perhaps I should reword it. Tom Cliffe is a democratically appointed representative. Not a co-opted individual. So his appointment was endorsed and supported by the fans. That, in my opinion, is the appropriate process for appointment individuals. Of course there are other methods of appointing representatives. I just prefer the process to be via the overall support. Do you prefer other methods?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34793 on: August 21, 2022, 08:53:35 am »

Another genuine question here…
I’ve read quite a few messages stating that the trust board are made up of very smart people, with backgrounds from managing business in various industries.

As the trust seem to have a very strong opinion to the fact that the club is being managed into the ground, and have a gripe with every decision made by the owners, could they not put an offer in to buy the club off of the current owners?

They seem to suggest that the current owners are not putting any of their money into the running of the club, so surely it’s down to the initial purchase price, and then their expertise and opinions on how the club should be run could be put to the test?

The way I see this playing out is once the owners take all the 23 acres of prime located land at Sixfields they will possibly levy  the £7,000,000 debt they built up by not having to finishing the East stand then selling the club for the £1 they paid for it.

Is this too simplistic, even if grossly unfair on Northampton's football club?
It's got to run it's course soon so what do others think will be the exit strategy and what will NTFC look like entering a brave new dawn?
I've conceded NTFC getting anything good from this drawn out farce, we can only hope change comes quickly.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34794 on: August 21, 2022, 08:55:29 am »

Perhaps I should reword it. Tom Cliffe is a democratically appointed representative. Not a co-opted individual. So his appointment was endorsed and supported by the fans. That, in my opinion, is the appropriate process for appointment individuals. Of course there are other methods of appointing representatives. I just prefer the process to be via the overall support. Do you prefer other methods?
FWIW I agree Tel, unfortunately you spoiled it by mentioning the utterly invisible and let’s face it pretty useless Tom Cliffe.
I’m sure Tom is a nice guy BUT he is definitely not the man for the fans rep job, KT wanted a yes man and got his wish.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34795 on: August 21, 2022, 08:57:38 am »

The way I see this playing out is once the owners take all the 23 acres of prime located land at Sixfields they will possibly levy  the £7,000,000 debt they built up by not having to finishing the East stand then selling the club for the £1 they paid for it.

It's got to run it's course soon so what do others think will be the exit strategy and what will NTFC look like entering a brave new dawn?
I've conceded NTFC getting anything good from this drawn out farce, we can only hope change comes quickly.

The very best we can hope for is a debt free club, and a horrendous Mickey Mouse stand.
One hell of a missed opportunity for the club, but hey ho most of our fans seem to think KT and DB are our saviours.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #34796 on: August 21, 2022, 09:08:11 am »

FWIW I agree Tel, unfortunately you spoiled it by mentioning the utterly invisible and let’s face it pretty useless Tom Cliffe.
I’m sure Tom is a nice guy BUT he is definitely not the man for the fans rep job, KT wanted a yes man and got his wish.

Each to their own, but personally I'd rather be represented by a democratically elected individual who uses quiet diplomacy to achieve his aims rather than a bunch of co-opted militants and their hangers on chucking rocks from the sidelines.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #34797 on: August 21, 2022, 09:22:59 am »

Once they have had the return on the land they will probably leave. Then it is all down to who comes next, their financial clout and their appetite to gàmble with it. It could well be a brave new dawn, or alternatively a final sunset, who knows. If your right and this is a fantastic investment opportunity, with a huge catchment area containing an army of potential supporters ready to come flocking to a purpose built stadium as we climb the divisions then I’m sure we have nothing to fear. I hope your right, I really do.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34798 on: August 21, 2022, 10:54:44 am »

I keep saying it
 "Ask KT to put it in writing that he will finish the East Stand when he gets the land deal ",
If he does that , all well and good, but if he won't do it, surely everybody will be able to see the outcome, which will be land sold, debt repaid, no stand built and no land left apart from the running track (ACV) land which will go back to WNC for £1 if whoever takes on the club fails to finish the stand within 5 years. Doesn't look good does it ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #34799 on: August 21, 2022, 11:29:47 am »

A quick scour of my email inbox shows the Trust last held an AGM, which was done over Zoom, in February this year.

Thank you Fez, could you answer the other questions too please?
Much appreciated
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 [1740] 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: