The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:39:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 [1772] 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822833 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #35420 on: September 07, 2022, 16:43:46 pm »

But they are democratically elected.  To stand you would have to be nominated, I believe by two members.  If nobody is standing against you then the vote is pretty straight forward.  If someone gets one vote and nobody else bothers to that is still democratic is it not?  Don't believe anyone self appoints?
again fair comment I’ll rephrase. The members of the board are appointed by fellow board members without the endorsement of the wider membership. Whist this follows recognised democratic protocols it is somewhat misleading to say they are democratically elected in the true sense. This is because the position has been offered and accepted without the vote or prior knowledge of the wider membership. Due to the absence of applicants this is acceptable and probably necessary but it perhaps suggests that the Board should be more inclined to seek the approval of crucial decisions from the wider membership to ensure the values and principles of the Trust are adhered to when ever possible. How’s that?
Fúck me this is hard work.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #35421 on: September 07, 2022, 16:59:24 pm »

again fair comment I’ll rephrase. The members of the board are appointed by fellow board members without the endorsement of the wider membership. Whist this follows recognised democratic protocols it is somewhat misleading to say they are democratically elected in the true sense. This is because the position has been offered and accepted without the vote or prior knowledge of the wider membership. Due to the absence of applicants this is acceptable and probably necessary but it perhaps suggests that the Board should be more inclined to seek the approval of crucial decisions from the wider membership to ensure the values and principles of the Trust are adhered to when ever possible. How’s that?
As MCH pointed out, they are not appointed by fellow board members, they need to be nominated and seconded by current Trust members. I'm pretty sure that every trust member gets a nomination form along with all the AGM stuff, so the wider membership are aware of the vacant positions.Every board member also has to step down every 3 or 4 years and seek re-election
   I'd love a tenner for every time the Trust have appealed for members to become more involved and join the board, it would be good if someone took them up on it, especially some of the knockers !
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #35422 on: September 07, 2022, 17:02:35 pm »

It's hard work cause you are wrong in some of what you are saying.  As long as a person is nominated and accepted on to the board in a manner that follows the democratic rules of the organisation they are democractically elected whether they got no votes, one or a million.  

The membership should, I understand, be notified about the positions availble well in advance and who is standing but what are the wider membership going to have their say on/vote if there is only one person standing?

I completely accept your point regarding not having a particularly strong mandate and the need to seek the views of the membership.

If you are suggesting they aren't following correct process then take it up with the board.  
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #35423 on: September 07, 2022, 17:22:37 pm »

It's hard work cause you are wrong in some of what you are saying.  As long as a person is nominated and accepted on to the board in a manner that follows the democratic rules of the organisation they are democractically elected whether they got no votes, one or a million.  

The membership should, I understand, be notified about the positions availble well in advance and who is standing but what are the wider membership going to have their say on/vote if there is only one person standing?

I completely accept your point regarding not having a particularly strong mandate and the need to seek the views of the membership.

If you are suggesting they aren't following correct process then take it up with the board.  
Again it’s not a criticism and I am not suggesting they are not following correct process either. Other than that I disagree. Something that is democratic is based on the idea that everyone should have equal rights and should be involved in making important decisions. As described in the Collins dictionary, the key word being “everyone”. If you disagree take it up with them. I love the internet, it involves my 2 favourite things, pórn and arguing about bòllocks with strangers.

As a side note following the post from Rog I also attempted to look up the definition of “knockers” and hey presto my other favourite thing popped up. This debate was worthwhile after all.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 18:12:23 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3481

« Reply #35424 on: September 12, 2022, 08:47:26 am »

I assume any update from the Trust has been delayed out of respect to The Queen.
However could I politely and respectfully enquire as to when an update might be given?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #35425 on: September 12, 2022, 11:58:12 am »

I assume any update from the Trust has been delayed out of respect to The Queen.
However could I politely and respectfully enquire as to when an update might be given?
Are you fully updated on all cdnl proposals?
Thought not. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #35426 on: September 12, 2022, 12:18:25 pm »

Thought not. Grin

No, we don't know the private company CDNL's plans but at least we know they have them. The transparent, democratic, one-true-voice-of-the-fans Supporter’s Trust are seemingly unable to confirm or deny the existence of their plans, let alone what they are!

One week on from the news breaking and 10 days on from the rumoured bid and their silence is deafening. I know we've had a major national event in the interim but even so...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3481

« Reply #35427 on: September 12, 2022, 12:34:46 pm »

Thought not. Grin
Out of respect for the Trust I wont reply how I want to. I will give them time due to the current situation.
But I hope you can see the differences between the parties.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #35428 on: September 12, 2022, 13:10:41 pm »

It’s not going to matter who has the land soon, if the economical climate carries on as it is. It will be worth sweet FA in a few months. I’m afraid the bubble is about to burst big time.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #35429 on: September 12, 2022, 13:48:25 pm »

Are you saying that £870k / £2 million/  £3 million is too much?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #35430 on: September 12, 2022, 14:13:59 pm »

It’s not going to matter who has the land soon, if the economical climate carries on as it is. It will be worth sweet FA in a few months. I’m afraid the bubble is about to burst big time.

We're heading for a very long and hard recession and among the things that will get hit are gates at football matches.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #35431 on: September 12, 2022, 15:13:41 pm »

Happy to be proved wrong, but I dont expect to hear anything from the Trust for a while yet. Indeed GPC and Random dont even log in anymore. Or Manwork for that matter, and he liked to blow their trumpet a lot. Still, its a better board in Randoms absence. Every cloud and all that.

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2022/september/open_forum_220922/
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #35432 on: September 12, 2022, 15:43:08 pm »

hello, hope you are enjoying the piece and quiet

18 minutes response time. Not bad. Is there anything else that you can politely inform us of? Without upsetting the rest of the board of course.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #35433 on: September 12, 2022, 15:54:50 pm »

Not possible is it, no matter what i or the Trust say

The Trust say absolutely nothing though. I get the feeling that they were caught on the hop, by a couple of journalists. Just nod at the screen if you agree. So as you were clearly reading this as a guest, what made you log back in? Careful though, dont get yourself in trouble.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #35434 on: September 12, 2022, 16:08:19 pm »

no not really, after your post where you said you are happy for me not to post, thought i would say hello.   Grin

I will leave again now
OK fair enough. Give your mate Simon a nudge, and get him to give us a wave.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #35435 on: September 12, 2022, 16:12:30 pm »

And like that, he was gone, taking his comments with him, leaving only their shadow in the quotes of others, like whispers in the wind. Woosh.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 16:29:56 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #35436 on: September 12, 2022, 16:22:04 pm »

Random, you really are stupid, if you think that deleting your posts will have any effect, when I have quoted them all. I do wonder about you sometimes.  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #35437 on: September 12, 2022, 20:37:22 pm »

Random, you really are stupid, if you think that deleting your posts will have any effect, when I have quoted them all. I do wonder about you sometimes.  Grin Grin

I should imagine that he panicked a bit when he realised he’d broke ranks.

I do miss GPC. He’s a voice of reason. It would be a shame if he has been advised not to talk.  He's not obligated to answer questions that could jeopardise anything they have planned.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #35438 on: September 12, 2022, 20:40:13 pm »

I should imagine that he panicked a bit when he realised he’d broke ranks.

I do miss GPC. He’s a voice of reason. It would be a shame if he has been advised not to talk.  He's not obligated to answer questions that could jeopardise anything they have planned.

Especially if there’s a chance we might not get the prematch review over on the Wimbledon thread. Bloody trust ruin everything.
Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #35439 on: September 12, 2022, 21:37:21 pm »

I do miss GPC. He’s a voice of reason. It would be a shame if he has been advised not to talk. 

Oh how some people were outraged when Councillor Brown was, allegedly, hounded out. but haven't said a word about GPC, so it's OK to "hound out " certain people is it ??

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 [1772] 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: