The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:59:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 [1782] 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820628 times)
guest3481

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #35620 on: September 28, 2022, 18:50:40 pm »

No contract has been signed so its not a done deal. I would imagine the people selling the land would know if they've sold it or not and able to review other bids.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #35621 on: September 28, 2022, 19:03:53 pm »

Why are people talking about a trust deal or bid? - it’s complete fantasy - unless the judicial review proceeds and confirms WNC did not follow due process - until that happens (and it’s a very big if) the land is already sold for £2.05 million to CDNL - perhaps someone could enlighten me on why there is so much chatter on something that is currently very far from reality - how can there be reports that WNC are considering the “bid” when the situation is not actually open to bids?

This is purely my own thoughts but surely it comes down to the ACV and the fact the council has to consider any formal bid submitted under this process.  They don't have to accept it but have to follow due process.  Two things were detailed as issues by the council regarding the original proposal with Goodwill.  The leases on the land and the potential loss of the overall development deal with CDNL if the ACV land was sold seperately.  So you mitigate the second point by offering to buy the whole thing for £3m.  Solves one of the councils issues.

Agree about the judicial review but that won't negate the ACV process and the right to bid.

Should the judicial review find fault I highly doubt the Trust and partners have the capability and would want to compete with Cilldara which is another thing that makes me nervous.

...To add to this after thinking further.  Maybe the Trust bid is for the ACV land but contains an offer to buy the whole dev land if CDNL withdraw their bid as could happen if the ACV land deal goes against them.  Of course it's all speculation though until the Trust Board find the password to the website and release that long awaited statement.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 19:12:34 pm by MCHammer » Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #35622 on: September 28, 2022, 19:08:19 pm »

No contract has been signed so its not a done deal. I would imagine the people selling the land would know if they've sold it or not and able to review other bids.

I think the point Peter is making is a solid one in that unless the judicial review finds fault the bidding process has completed and the council has agreed to sell the land to CDNL.  They can't just redo the process cause another bidder turns up.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #35623 on: September 28, 2022, 19:14:30 pm »

I think the point Peter is making is a solid one in that unless the judicial review finds fault the bidding process has completed and the council has agreed to sell the land to CDNL.  They can't just redo the process cause another bidder turns up.
why not?
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #35624 on: September 28, 2022, 19:31:51 pm »

why not?

…..because it’s sold subject to contract and there is no legal avenue at this time to reopen bidding
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #35625 on: September 28, 2022, 19:39:43 pm »

why not?

Because the dev land is now sold to CDNL subject to contract and the ACV running track land is also sold to CDNL subject to contract but also subject to completion of the ACV process and assessment of any bids arising from that process.

Think about it logically.  The council can't follow a governed legal process then randomly decide to accept or even entertain another bid.  The issue as I said previously is that the ACV process does enable a bid from a community group on the running track land.  How that bid could extend beyond that onto the whole dev site is purely speculation but the Trust aren't bidding £3m for solely the running track land are they.      
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #35626 on: September 28, 2022, 19:46:24 pm »

…..because it’s sold subject to contract and there is no legal avenue at this time to reopen bidding
So its not sold then
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #35627 on: September 28, 2022, 20:11:35 pm »

So its not sold then

Think you are being a bit pedantic here mate.  It's fairly simple, they can't sell it to anyone else unless the deal breaks down with CDNL or the judicial review is won by Cilldara at which point it's open season again for anyone to bid.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #35628 on: September 28, 2022, 20:15:14 pm »

Think you are being a bit pedantic here mate.  It's fairly simple, they can't sell it to anyone else unless the deal breaks down with CDNL or the judicial review is won by Cilldara at which point it's open season again for anyone to bid.
Not being pendantic, just don't agree. And the council have confirmed they are reviewing the proposal
Report Spam   Logged
guest3529

« Reply #35629 on: September 28, 2022, 20:20:22 pm »

Not being pendantic, just don't agree. And the council have confirmed they are reviewing the proposal
Quite legal to gazump and steal a residential property from under the nose of another. Comes down to the discretion of the council I would imagine.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #35630 on: September 28, 2022, 20:54:09 pm »

As they are obliged to when a proposal is submitted through the ACV process...which was the only process remaining open to the Trust to make a bid.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #35631 on: September 28, 2022, 23:09:34 pm »

If only that councillor fella wasn't hounded off this board by the usual suspects eh!?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #35632 on: September 29, 2022, 07:00:15 am »

I remain relatively ambivalent about the whole issue. Somewhat worn down by years of unnecessary feuding between these two.

I would love to feel the same passion for events off the pitch as I do for those on it. But unfortunately the same egos that govern us in life, have crept into every part of life.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #35633 on: September 29, 2022, 07:07:16 am »

As they are obliged to when a proposal is submitted through the ACV process...which was the only process remaining open to the Trust to make a bid.
So there was still a legal route for the Trust to submit a bid and for the council to review it then?  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #35634 on: September 29, 2022, 07:53:30 am »

But its all irrelevant anyway until someone lays an egg.
Hopefully the judicial review will support the council and hopefully the Trust will update us all soon.
I am genuinely interesting to see what they have planned and how it can take the club forward. I agree with some posts from before that people such as myself have been asking them to do something if its so easy and it appears they have so have to give them opportunity to put forward their alternative. Its always easy to be picky but I would have liked them to have confirmed themselves they had submitted the bid and they would update us when possible, and not leaving it to a leak in the NN journal and a journalist following up.
But here we are, waiting with baited breath.
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #35635 on: September 29, 2022, 08:04:43 am »

I am genuinely interesting to see what they have planned and how it can take the club forward. I agree with some posts from before that people such as myself have been asking them to do something if its so easy and it appears they have so have to give them opportunity to put forward their alternative. Its always easy to be picky but I would have liked them to have confirmed themselves they had submitted the bid and they would update us when possible, and not leaving it to a leak in the NN journal and a journalist following up.

Agree that the Trust ought to be given the chance, but I would argue they're already pushing their luck. One of their key, consistent criticisms of the club has been a lack of transparency. The Trust are failing pretty spectacularly on that front now the chips are down...
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #35636 on: September 29, 2022, 08:13:26 am »

But its all irrelevant anyway until someone lays an egg.
Hopefully the judicial review will support the council and hopefully the Trust will update us all soon.

Good points - my view has always been that if you don’t like something do something about it rather than constantly complaining, which is why I have been critical of some spokesmen of the trust - the invoking of the ACV was at least some action so I supported it (even though the issue of relationship with the leaseholder made success unlikely). Equally if an alternative bid for the land transpires (and that’s a big if at this time), and it’s fully planned to give viable benefits to the club over and above what’s on the table now then it gets my support- my only caveat here is if it’s simply a blocking tactic or an anything but DB/KT ploy then it certainly doesn’t get my support and IMO is very dangerous for the future of the club - however until we know the outcome of the JR and details of this supposed bid I think we should remain open minded.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #35637 on: September 29, 2022, 11:31:30 am »

One of the many things I don't understand about all this is are The Trust wanting to purchase the club as well as the land? If not then they aren't going to develop the East Stand for a club they don't own and that to me is the main thing to achieve at the moment. Fan parks and further stadium development should come after that. What will they do with the land that will benefit a club they do not own?
Report Spam   Logged
JSO

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 100 Posts
« Reply #35638 on: September 29, 2022, 11:45:50 am »

One of the many things I don't understand about all this is are The Trust wanting to purchase the club as well as the land? If not then they aren't going to develop the East Stand for a club they don't own and that to me is the main thing to achieve at the moment. Fan parks and further stadium development should come after that. What will they do with the land that will benefit a club they do not own?

In 2164 when the lease is up
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #35639 on: September 29, 2022, 11:57:14 am »

There is. SSTC is not a binding agreement. Until contracts are exchanged the council can take whichever route they choose. This being said, it would reflect very badly on our elected representatives if they decided on a 'U' turn without real good cause.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 [1782] 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: