The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:46:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821817 times)
Peter Frost (+ 1 Hidden) and 51 Guests are viewing this topic.
Carton Lid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #38920 on: May 11, 2023, 18:10:22 pm »

Vow of silence going well??

Out if interest why did Tom resign?
Go on then, here's another for you. As a Cobblers fan for over 60 years it's, sometimes, very difficult not to comment on some of the b*llocks posted on here. But I couldn't resist it when Tuscon Tom set up the open goal  Grin
     In all seriousness, I really did hope that he could contribute towards the fans coming together more, after all, he did his best to divide them, but it seems like it was all just a PR stunt, what a shame.

PS. You have as much of an idea why he resigned as I do
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #38921 on: May 11, 2023, 18:21:05 pm »

Always a problem when you have to get off your ar*e and do something, so much easier to sit and criticize others

As usual Carton you’re talking absolute nonsense, I was more than willing to “get off my ar*e” and do something.

Long story short, because there is very little point going into the details, I resigned and revoked my membership as I don’t believe the trust is going to move forward in a productive way having seen how things operate.

As for why I’ve stayed quiet, we’ve just had a pretty good end to  the season, so decided to enjoy that instead of arguing on the internet Wink
Report Spam   Logged

MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #38922 on: May 11, 2023, 18:24:55 pm »

You were one of his fan boys, thought you could enlighten us?

Sorry I thought you knew already.  I was trying a slightly more subtle approach of actually asking the reason why before I called him an absolute w@nker.  I see you just jumped straight in.....not like you   Grin

Why don't you let the grown ups chat and come back and call him names once he's confirmed why he's a w@nker.

Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #38923 on: May 11, 2023, 18:36:57 pm »

As usual Carton you’re talking absolute nonsense, I was more than willing to “get off my ar*e” and do something.

Long story short, because there is very little point going into the details, I resigned and revoked my membership as I don’t believe the trust is going to move forward in a productive way having seen how things operate.

As for why I’ve stayed quiet, we’ve just had a pretty good end to  the season, so decided to enjoy that instead of arguing on the internet Wink
Tom, as your here, who is Jeffery Roy, as nobody that I have spoken to seems to have heard of him.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Tom

View Profile
« Reply #38924 on: May 11, 2023, 18:41:18 pm »

Tom, as your here, who is Jeffery Roy, as nobody that I have spoken to seems to have heard of him.

He’s from Canada, seems like a nice chap and has attended a few trust meetings prior to joining the board as I understand it - I didn’t have a whole lot to do with him.

Quick google and you’ll see he’s been on a few trust boards.
Report Spam   Logged

Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #38925 on: May 11, 2023, 18:50:02 pm »

Hi Tom. Please don’t think this is me being a twät as I’m honestly not meaning too. I appreciate you commenting this evening.

As one of the "new blood" I really appreciate your faith and I will say that most of the retained board have been welcoming, open to change, acknowledged some issues of the past and want to move forward.

The first board meeting is on Thursday, let's hope that continues.

This was early March and by the sound of it, things had started well. What changed so much for you to resign less than a month after?

I actually think it would be useful to have an idea as that’s a drastic change in very little time.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #38926 on: May 11, 2023, 18:54:21 pm »

He’s from Canada, seems like a nice chap and has attended a few trust meetings prior to joining the board as I understand it - I didn’t have a whole lot to do with him.

Quick google and you’ll see he’s been on a few trust boards.
No local connections and doesnt attend games, hmm..
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Tom

View Profile
« Reply #38927 on: May 11, 2023, 19:04:27 pm »

Hi Tom. Please don’t think this is me being a twät as I’m honestly not meaning too. I appreciate you commenting this evening.

This was early March and by the sound of it, things had started well. What changed so much for you to resign less than a month after?

I actually think it would be useful to have an idea as that’s a drastic change in very little time.

Not at all Dan.

I’m trying to not get drawn into it ha, we all know what will happen - I’ll say one thing, the usual suspects will jump on here and say another etc.

But essentially, some of the old board group  (I won’t say all, a few I believe genuinely do want to move forward & were genuinely receptive & friendly ) showed their true colours, some of the communication following that revelation was awful & I felt there wasn’t a way forward so leave them to do their thing!
Report Spam   Logged

MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #38928 on: May 11, 2023, 19:06:09 pm »

Go on then, here's another for you. As a Cobblers fan for over 60 years it's, sometimes, very difficult not to comment on some of the b*llocks posted on here. But I couldn't resist it when Tuscon Tom set up the open goal  Grin
     In all seriousness, I really did hope that he could contribute towards the fans coming together more, after all, he did his best to divide them, but it seems like it was all just a PR stunt, what a shame.

PS. You have as much of an idea why he resigned as I do

You being a supporter of over 60 years and as someone who has been on the receiving end of plenty of unfair stick over the years thought you would know why before casting judgement on Tom like you have.  My mistake.

Seems like you couldn't log in quick enough.  Says it all.

Anyway Dan's doing it the right way now so no need to break your silence any further.

Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #38929 on: May 11, 2023, 19:23:52 pm »

Not at all Dan.

I’m trying to not get drawn into it ha, we all know what will happen - I’ll say one thing, the usual suspects will jump on here and say another etc.

But essentially, some of the old board group  (I won’t say all, a few I believe genuinely do want to move forward & were genuinely receptive & friendly ) showed their true colours, some of the communication following that revelation was awful & I felt there wasn’t a way forward so leave them to do their thing!

Thanks for the quick reply.

It’s actually a shame that you didn’t think you could make a change to how things were.

I would be a liar if I said to you that I wasn’t a little bit sceptical of your intentions from abroad, but the thing that I fully respected was that you stuck your neck out and signed up to the cause to try and influence change. It’s disappointing to hear that you very quickly concluded that wouldn’t be possible. Has anyone else who joined the board at the same time done the same?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest3063

« Reply #38930 on: May 11, 2023, 19:27:57 pm »

Now the joyous season has come to a successful conclusion we have to put up with this nonsense and boring thread again  Roll Eyes Can we please have a conclusion and end to this saga in the very near future.
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #38931 on: May 11, 2023, 19:42:31 pm »

I think it’s fair to assume the attempted ‘takeover’ of the Trust was unsuccessful for the main protagonist to step away so soon. It’s a shame but seems to happen a bit once people are on the board. The same argument remains, unless people join and want to make a difference then nothing changes. I personally don’t think the role really matters at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
random1

View Profile
Search Level 3 Mobile User
« Reply #38932 on: May 11, 2023, 20:31:58 pm »

I think it’s fair to assume the attempted ‘takeover’ of the Trust was unsuccessful for the main protagonist to step away so soon. It’s a shame but seems to happen a bit once people are on the board. The same argument remains, unless people join and want to make a difference then nothing changes. I personally don’t think the role really matters at the moment.

Think your 1st point is possibly spot on, only Tom knows what his 'agenda' was and for whom. However I think the role of the Trust is very important at the moment and going forward.

We still await the bloody JR decision but which ever way that goes, I strongly believe that we should be protecting the running track land. If CDNL get the nod then very serious question should be asked of the use of that land. KT said it will have a very clear benefit to the club, so not sure how putting a warehouse bigger than the one in the old South car park, will benefit the club at all. Fans should seriously being asking why not move it 50m East and leave that land for other options.

Surely no-one thinks that KT is going to build a warehouse and put half the rental profit straight into the football club, because for me that the only way I can see a benefit of losing half the running track for it.

If they lose the JR then we have to help KT get a better deal for him and the football club and that also means the running track etc

Also on the pitch I really would like us fans try to do something to help our club not fall into a quick relegation back into L2. Not sure how exactly but if we are all honest, as things currently stand who is optimistic that we will still be in L1 in 2 / 3 seasons time?
Yes on the pitch the players and playing staff have done an amazing job, they have battle and fought every inch, had some luck, scored some wonder goals and got the job done.
But can we expect the same next season in a much, much harder League?

Having said that, given our support, size and catchment area it should almost be a given. We have to move the infrastructure forward, we as fans have to do something, we can't keep relying on owners, whoever they are

« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 20:33:44 pm by random1 » Report Spam   Logged
guest3587

« Reply #38933 on: May 11, 2023, 20:35:41 pm »

Thank you for your responses Tom. As for name calling from people who should know better, cheap shots pal!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #38934 on: May 12, 2023, 02:56:22 am »

I had long argued that I felt the Trust did not take enough consideration of members views. Further to this I suspected that some of the board members were primarily concerned in implementing their own agenda and were almost at the point of viewing the membership as an inconvenience. Now, we can all argue the accuracy of these assumptions and god knows we have, but that was nevertheless my opinion and I have to say one that was shared by a number of members.

It turns out that Tom was one of those and the petition he implemented seemed to give some credibility to this view. However, once the AGM came around and people were given the opportunity to act on these concerns, my understanding was that less than 40 people voted. Hardly a ringing endorsement for the belief I had long held. In a nutshell people simply did not care enough to act on it beyond the relatively simple act of responding to the petition. In my opinion this makes any further criticism of the Board of the Trust irrelevant, because the membership clearly don't feel there is an issue to a significant degree in significant numbers.

That being said, it was also obvious that given the response to the petition there could have been a very real threat to the continuation of the Board in its current guise. Whilst Toms initiative failed to generate enough action at the AGM, the same could be said of those who claimed to support the activities of the current Board. They similarly failed to attract a significant number of members to endorse them and protect their position.

Criticising Tom is all very predictable and may well be justified in some members eyes. However, it is in my opinion that it is very difficult to do that without coming under the same scrutiny. The thing I take from the whole episode is that all this arguing and fighting has all been a waste of time because nowhere near enough people care about this issue one way or the other. Perhaps we should just get on with focusing on stuff on the pitch because whatever side of this debate you sit on people simply don't care enough to justify any further significant input at this time. That is unless you are only interested in your own will being implemented in isolation. To be honest, if I was the owners I would view anything coming from this debate as an irrelevance, as the numbers voting at the AGM are perhaps the most revealing fact regarding this issue to date. As people have stated previously, the Trust will probably only really come to the fore when enough supporters view the clubs existence as under threat. At this point in time they very obviously don't. So, in my opinion its time to leave the board alone, whist their support may be minimal, so is any opposition.

Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3587

« Reply #38935 on: May 12, 2023, 07:02:33 am »

The one thing I hope that the trust board has taken notice of is the social media policy, and that board members and advisors desist from their unprofessional and bullying demeanour towards others. Other than that I have nothing further to add
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #38936 on: May 12, 2023, 07:46:25 am »

I can’t comment on the details of Tom‘s experience but can certainly identify with the brief comments he has just made. Recently retired, and a long term supporter I joined a Trust Board zoom meeting around 18 months ago  following an invitation by Andy Roberts. My intentions were to listen to comments and discussion to decide if I could contribute in a more tangible way to the positive objectives of the Trust. Knowing they were seemingly seeking new blood and I had both time on my hands, and 30 plus years of successful business experience. Whilst in general the conversations were cordial it was clear there was a hard core mindset (that also interestingly shared very similar political views) that I personally found unfortunate -  it was became increasingly obvious to me that this cohort who were also very active on social media were actually not interested in listening to alternative views or approach and I concluded I would not be able to offer anything of value.

Of course like Tom my comments are likely to attract the usual accusation of being antitrust etc etc - I’m genuinely disappointed Tom has experienced what he has because I believed there were positive changes afoot since my experience - hopefully that is still the case.
Report Spam   Logged
random1

View Profile
« Reply #38937 on: May 12, 2023, 08:30:43 am »

The one thing I hope that the trust board has taken notice of is the social media policy, and that board members and advisors desist from their unprofessional and bullying demeanour towards others. Other than that I have nothing further to add

Whilst ALL my comments on here are my own and may NOT be the views of the Trust board, would you acknowledge that there has indeed been a big improvement in this department?

Re Melly and the numbers, totally agree, the apathy and acceptance from the majority of the fans is disappointing to say the least. For context the club AGM last year attracted 4 (FOUR) !!! Fans, (and 2 of those were from the Trust - myself and Barry) and the club open forum with KT in Sept attracted about 20 (twenty) so getting 40 involved with the Trust is not that bad. Not great but a roaring success compared with the other examples.

And that is where we are at, waiting to see what happens next and HOPING things turn out OK. Its all hope as there are no really plans are there?

Report Spam   Logged
random1

View Profile
« Reply #38938 on: May 12, 2023, 08:42:39 am »

I can’t comment on the details of Tom‘s experience but can certainly identify with the brief comments he has just made. Recently retired, and a long term supporter I joined a Trust Board zoom meeting around 18 months ago  following an invitation by Andy Roberts. My intentions were to listen to comments and discussion to decide if I could contribute in a more tangible way to the positive objectives of the Trust. Knowing they were seemingly seeking new blood and I had both time on my hands, and 30 plus years of successful business experience. Whilst in general the conversations were cordial it was clear there was a hard core mindset (that also interestingly shared very similar political views) that I personally found unfortunate -  it was became increasingly obvious to me that this cohort who were also very active on social media were actually not interested in listening to alternative views or approach and I concluded I would not be able to offer anything of value.

Of course like Tom my comments are likely to attract the usual accusation of being antitrust etc etc - I’m genuinely disappointed Tom has experienced what he has because I believed there were positive changes afoot since my experience - hopefully that is still the case.

What a shame that you felt that for the good of the club and the fans you were put off my one (or two people) who are more frustrated at the events around our club than you and are more actively trying (and failing) to inform fans of the facts around our owners etc

You have no idea really of what happened with Tom, I will simply say that just prior to his resigning he posted almost daily about NTFC on his Twitter feed, (mid March time) since then he has managed just 3 retweets. Please don't take that as bullying or forcing someone out, remember this is a guy who set-up a plan to rid the Trust of dedicated long life Northampton fans, none of whom had heard of him before, all whilst living almost 5000 miles away and not been to many games (if any, never got a straight answer) in all the time KT / DB had been at the club.

AGAIN ALL COMMENTS ARE MY OWN. THEY MAY NOT REPRESENT THE VIEW OF THE TRUST BOARD
Report Spam   Logged
guest3587

« Reply #38939 on: May 12, 2023, 09:07:14 am »

Whilst ALL my comments on here are my own and may NOT be the views of the Trust board, would you acknowledge that there has indeed been a big improvement in this department?

Re Melly and the numbers, totally agree, the apathy and acceptance from the majority of the fans is disappointing to say the least. For context the club AGM last year attracted 4 (FOUR) !!! Fans, (and 2 of those were from the Trust - myself and Barry) and the club open forum with KT in Sept attracted about 20 (twenty) so getting 40 involved with the Trust is not that bad. Not great but a roaring success compared with the other examples.

And that is where we are at, waiting to see what happens next and HOPING things turn out OK. Its all hope as there are no really plans are there?

Yes, there appears to have been an improvement in the tone of communications. A question for you, when was the last time you attended a game at Sixfields? Much has been made of Tom’s geographical location and how many games he has attended! Also has the Canadian chap ever attended an NTFC game?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: