The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:56:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

This Season...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Season...  (Read 5792 times)
auntie

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2010, 21:27:28 pm »

nope. ya pilot lights gone out. typical tel.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2010, 16:49:19 pm »

I wont be there next Saturday though, Im doing the 3 peak challenge. I will stick the link on another section of this website for anybody interested in sponsoring me. I will be in a minibus between Ben Nevis and Scaffold whats it called come 3pm. Thank God.  Grin

Good luck, go equipped and know how to get off Ben Nevis safely.  It has been snowing on top of Ben Nevis in the last couple of days.  Strange timings, most three peakers do Ben Nevis late afternoon, drive overnight to the Lakes and go up Scafell Pike in the early hours as its the easiest to do in the dark. 
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2010, 15:48:52 pm »

Are you one of the sorts who will foresee doom now but, when we do get a decent result in the near future, will be proclaiming us as title challengers? Grin

Far too early to be writing us off. The squad is still gelling, still a work in progress, and the door is still open for it to be improved.
Are you worried yet?....
Report Spam   Logged
Son Of Geoff

Old T*ts

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2010, 15:54:10 pm »

I don't know many Cobblers fans who relish a defeat as much as you. Knob head.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't. Talk. Sh*te. Twice.
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2010, 15:57:32 pm »

I don't know many Cobblers fans who relish a defeat as much as you. Knob head.
Wink
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2010, 15:58:34 pm »

Are you worried yet?....

No. If we're still down there at Christmas I'll start worrying. As I said, the door is still open for squad improvements, and we're only a couple of jigsaw pieces away from turning some of these losses into wins.
Report Spam   Logged

St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2010, 16:01:05 pm »

We always seem to be a "couple of jigsaw pieces" away.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Gazman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2010, 16:01:51 pm »

We are in massive trouble.

Something has to change. Its blindingly obvious it isnt working, so change it.

Playing well wont keep us in the league if we dont have someone to finish moves off.

Can anyone see where the goals are going to come from within the current squad?
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2010, 16:05:25 pm »

If we can get someone like Zola in to play alongside McKay, and perhaps a big tough imposing bastard in the middle of the park or at centre-back, I'd fancy our chances of beating some of the teams we've got coming up: Hereford, Gillingham, Lincoln, Barnet, Stockport all coming up in the next couple of months, all eminently winnable games. The Ipswich cash will hopefully be made available to Sammo to recruit in these areas.
Report Spam   Logged

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2010, 16:06:03 pm »

We are in massive trouble.

Something has to change. Its blindingly obvious it isnt working, so change it.

Playing well wont keep us in the league if we dont have someone to finish moves off.

Can anyone see where the goals are going to come from within the current squad?
Macca should start, match fit bollox he should be doing some intense training to get match fit
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
auntie

« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2010, 19:20:06 pm »

match fit bollox

I wish my bollox were match fit...
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2010, 19:42:42 pm »

The Cup heroics are hiding the glaring inadequacies of this squad.....not to mention being compounded by tactical and selection naivety.
Without that run cup what would the flavour be???

C'mon DC spend some of that cup money before losing is ingrained into our future performances....you'll also start losing attendance monies pretty soon anyway.

Hereford & Lincoln are the fairly immediate litmus paper tests, with their new management. However we'll probably then go on and thrash Port Vale....C'mon Cobblers shake this off....

But..."Too good for this division".... my *rse!
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2010, 19:55:04 pm »

I'd fancy our chances of beating some of the teams we've got coming up: Hereford, Gillingham, Lincoln, Barnet, Stockport all coming up in the next couple of months, all eminently winnable games.

...Macclesfield, Cheltenham... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
dazza

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2010, 12:43:50 pm »

If we can get someone like Zola in to play alongside McKay, and perhaps a big tough imposing bastard in the middle of the park or at centre-back, I'd fancy our chances of beating some of the teams we've got coming up: Hereford, Gillingham, Lincoln, Barnet, Stockport all coming up in the next couple of months, all eminently winnable games. The Ipswich cash will hopefully be made available to Sammo to recruit in these areas.

Macclesfield and Cheltenham were both winnable as well!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2010, 13:02:15 pm »

How are we going to sign anyone that isn't a young s*** loanee.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2010, 13:19:51 pm »

Do you ever read what you post?

What you're basicaly saying in this typical post of yours is that if we sign a centre-forward, a midfielder and a centre-back, all better than that we have currently, you'd fancy our chances of beating Hereford and Barnet (among others). Jeez, no s*** Sherlock.

I'd fanct us beating Hereford and Barnet if Sammo just picks the right side from the players we have now!
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2010, 13:27:02 pm »

Nut's Zola campaign is becoming tedious.  Zola is apparently already one of the highest paid players in this division, is demanding more money to move and has already turned down a move to at least 4 other clubs in this division, including Shrewsbury who are the biggest paying club in Div 2 right now, and who did offer more to Zola than he's earning now.  So give me one reason why he'd move here or why DC would bust the wage structure to fund it.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2010, 13:27:53 pm »

If they have a history of scoring, the club will probably sign them, match fit or not Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
dazza

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2010, 18:12:31 pm »

I'd fanct us beating Hereford and Barnet if Sammo just picks the right side from the players we have now!

Spot on.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2010, 17:23:24 pm »

they haven't been match fit for years.. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: