The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:09:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ticketmaster

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ticketmaster  (Read 1462 times)
Bog Paper

Lavatory Paper Connoisseur

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: May 06, 2013, 09:49:49 am »

Well done to the club for getting ticket news for Wembley out so quickly.
Well done also to the club for realising that they can't handle ticket sales for big games (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt there that there isn't some contractual agreement to use Ticketmaster for Wembley games).
Ticketmaster generally do a very good job. So they should: that's their business.

However, on the downside:

Ticketmaster's charges are daylight robbery. £2.50 booking fee per ticket?!
Add a couple of quid postage to that for good measure.
Disappointing that concessions only apply to under 16's. Should always be under 18's in this day and age when most kids stay on to do 'A' levels and nothing there for NUS members either.
Report Spam   Logged

It has to be "B"
Another big smile on my face. I always get the big decisions right.

Couldn't be happier, you can all blame me if it turns pear shaped. Up next year without a doubt and no need of the play-offs.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 09:58:19 am »

Ticketshafter wank wank wank
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 10:49:41 am »

Bradford City are using Ticketzone
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 10:53:53 am »

I've got a feeling its a Wembley contractual thing. The two different companies for each set of supporters so no mix ups.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 13:36:23 pm »

If I thought we had the software and resources to handle this then I would have rather we had done this. However we don't.
 A couple of quid per head and I don't have to queue for several hours to get what I want. Fine by me.

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Bunny
Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 13:45:37 pm »

Yes it's a rip-off...but the points about ease of use probably trump the small charge. People were moaning about ticket sales last week, they'd go into overdrive and explode if we tried to handle this ourselves.
Report Spam   Logged

Always a happy bunny
TopCat

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 13:49:27 pm »

Looks like Bradford fans are getting more "ripped off" than we are. Ticketzone want £2.70 per adult ticket & £2.75 postage. You would think that the charges would be the same for both sets of fans http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/article/wembley-tickets-809288.aspx
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***’... me!

CARDOZA - A clown, A fool, A charlaton. The destroyer of NTFC 1897 to 2015....ON HIS WATCH!!!!
guest49

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 14:03:41 pm »

It's not unknown to pay £5+ per ticket booking fee, so not too bad.
I was quite looking forward to a communal day of 6 hours in a queue at Sixfields, buying tickets from sellers using wall paper paste tables.
Report Spam   Logged
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 14:18:08 pm »

Another minor point, Bradford's tickets went on sale today yet ours aren't until tomorrow? Strange.
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 15:22:38 pm »

The use of tickermaster is another good decision by the club. Secondary point how do non-computer literare fans get tickets?
Report Spam   Logged
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 15:28:15 pm »

You can ring Ticketmaster aswell as buying online, although it's an 0844 number I think.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 15:33:16 pm »

You can ring Ticketmaster aswell as buying online, although it's an 0844 number I think.

If I read correctly you cannot buy on-line until general sale.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 15:36:13 pm »

That was the impression I got. What is it per minute to be on the phone to Ticketmaster?
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 15:49:18 pm »

That was the impression I got. What is it per minute to be on the phone to Ticketmaster?

0844 is going to be a killer on my mobile
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 16:12:50 pm »

Herts - suggest you use Skype which is less than 2p per minute
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 16:36:55 pm »

Use the phone at work.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
STEVIEG

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 18:07:00 pm »

Anyone know if u can pay on the day or will ALL ticket sales cease next Tuesday lunchtime?

7 days doesn't seem alot to sell 30k plus tickets.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 19:22:51 pm »

Does seem a bit of a mish-mash..... Bradfords tickets went on sale today, including online....ours go on sale tomorrow but not online until Thursday.....and our tickets go offsale on Tuesday whereas theirs are on sale until Wednesday!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 20:35:24 pm »

Does seem a bit of a mish-mash..... Bradfords tickets went on sale today, including online....ours go on sale tomorrow but not online until Thursday.....and our tickets go offsale on Tuesday whereas theirs are on sale until Wednesday!

Tell you what, if anyone can't get their arsse in gear by next Tuesday, you can use my address on the Wednesday and go in the away end.  I'll bring the tickets down with me and not even consider touting them on the Tube - honest!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: