The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 00:29:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Josh parker

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Josh parker  (Read 5290 times)
Forest

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2010, 08:28:49 am »

Herbert is injured i was in Barrats saturday watchig soccer saturday and herbert walked in on cruthes, at first i thought it cant be him but after a quick check of the teams on my phone it was him after a quick convo he has a stress facture and out for at least 6 weeks, i wont repeat what he said but he wasnt happy with us loosing one nil at the time! ha
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2010, 09:21:48 am »

Herbert being injured is irrelevant to the signing of Parker - Herbert wasn't starting games in any case. On Saturday, we could have started with Hall at LB and Davis in front of him, Jacobs on the right instead of Parker, Wedderburn in place of a clearly knackered Gilligan and McKenzie up front instead of Thornton if KT is really in as much need of a rest as he looked. That would have been a stronger team on Saturday, and if we'd signed a centre forward or centre back on loan instead, we could have had a stronger bench.
Report Spam   Logged
Forest

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2010, 10:27:02 am »

its ok saying that after the game, we played well with the exactly the same time agaist chesterfield, Part from Rodgers making way for a more attacking option, i agree what your saying but Samo works with the players every day. I would of expected pretty much the same team saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2010, 10:38:08 am »

Sure, except Parker's only started one senior game before and only joined the previous day - so it's hardly the case that Sammo works with him every day! Could have been on the bench.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2010, 10:44:54 am »

More likely Warnock said you can have him but he must start.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2010, 12:19:40 pm »

I think Marvo has hit this one on the head..

But Rodgers or no Rodgers...Parker or no Parker...we would more than likely have still lost 2-0 on Saturday. As much as I like Rodgers (& have defended him when the majority on here have slated him) his inclusion in the team would not have meant a turnaround of 3 goals. He's not that good!  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2010, 16:11:22 pm »

No, but having Parker was like playing with 10 men from the start, so we might not have gone two down...
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2010, 05:09:20 am »

More likely Warnock said you can have him but he must start.

True but he could have subbed him - unless he added 'and he must also stay on for 90 mins regardless of how poor he plays'.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2010, 06:10:09 am »

No, but having Parker was like playing with 10 men from the start, so we might not have gone two down...

I make the point that I didn't go but to play devils advocate here...Gilligan and Thornton both had mares as well so surely using your analogy means that we were effectively playing with 8 men? Or are you saying that the primary reason for the bad performance and defeat was Parkers inclusion?
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2010, 06:16:58 am »

I'm saying that Rodgers has never played as poorly as Parker did on Saturday, so starting with Parker rather than Rodgers put us at an immediate disadvantage regardless of how Gilligan and Thornton played. You really had to be there to get it...how many of us travelling support on Saturday are arguing in favour of Parker?
Report Spam   Logged
Erith_Cobbler

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2010, 10:36:41 am »

True but he could have subbed him - unless he added 'and he must also stay on for 90 mins regardless of how poor he plays'.

In which case Sammo should have told him to f*** off, he makes the decisions with his team not Warnock.
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2010, 13:23:06 pm »

See the thing is, it isnt anything against Josh Parker as such, everyone has a mare, the point that some people are still finding hard to grasp is that,(and i could be wrong depending on what Sammo was thinking in terms of tactical play/formation) a player is offered to us who Sammo claims he's been monitoring since he was 11-years old or something(that old chestnut), and despite hardly playing league football, he brings him straight into the starting line-up against the hustle bustle hoofball pro's of Macclefield Town, and in the meantime dropping a slowly progressing Paul Rodgers who's had an upturn in form recently in the process, good for morale, no.
It must leave some players wondering what they've got to do to stay in the team here, do well in the side and then Sammo rewards them by bringing in Johnny come lately to take their place, good times!!
Report Spam   Logged
HallamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2010, 19:28:25 pm »

I'm saying that Rodgers has never played as poorly as Parker did on Saturday

That surely can't be true. When rodgers first joined us he was technically the worst footballer I have ever seen. I honestly don't know what he brings to the team. Wad parker that bad?
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2010, 21:39:57 pm »

That surely can't be true. When rodgers first joined us he was technically the worst footballer I have ever seen. I honestly don't know what he brings to the team. Wad parker that bad?

As I said, reminded me of Harris' cameos early on last season. Looked like a lad who had been plucked up off the street and plonked into a professional football team.
Report Spam   Logged

DustCobb

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2010, 13:25:48 pm »

Just noticed we have signed this fella, why?
Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2010, 13:28:58 pm »

I'd love it if he has a stormer against Cheltenham now. Looking on the QPR forums they're all talking about him saying he's destined for big things, brightest young prospect in ages and all this. So, bit harsh for you to all write him off as a generally s*** footballer after our entire squad put in s*** performances against Macc. Let's see how he does in the next couple weeks before we write him off as the worst footballer that has ever played in the history of anything, ey?
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2010, 15:48:22 pm »

I've a funny feeling we may have to bring this thread back up after a few more games, some people are going to look pretty silly if it is, writing a player off after one performance.
Report Spam   Logged
auntie

« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2010, 19:16:40 pm »

I've a funny feeling we may have to bring this thread back up after a few more games, some people are going to look pretty silly if it is, writing a player off after one performance.

Nah, I don't think so. He was much improved today but I think it was always more about him just strolling straight into the starting XI when he clearly isn't better than what we already have. I'm assuming we have to play him and by the looks of it, the full 90 minutes as well. brilliant.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2010, 07:34:46 am »

Parker showed some truly neat touches at Cheltenham yesterday. He not only looked good as a provider on the right, his headed flick-ons were sublime and when he came inside he had "proper forward" written all over him. His first game last week at Macclesfield needs forgetting, this lad has what it takes.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2010, 07:44:55 am »

Parker showed some truly neat touches at Cheltenham yesterday. He not only looked good as a provider on the right, his headed flick-ons were sublime and when he came inside he had "proper forward" written all over him. His first game last week at Macclesfield needs forgetting, this lad has what it takes.

I fundamentally disagree with the policy here.  We had Jacobs, Wedderburn and Rodgers not in the starting line up yesterday.  These are our youngsters, our players that we're paying and supposedly our future.  We should be blooding them, not someone else's equivalent.  We're not talking a Jermaine Defoe here.  Tozer's signing I can support because we had only one fit central defender, but this signing is sending out all the wrong messages.  If Sammo has so little faith in our youngsters then put them on the transfer list and offload them.   Not to mention he cannot play at Ipswich so yet more disruption to the line up to come.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: