The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:25:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Josh parker

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Josh parker  (Read 5204 times)
stevecobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Windows User Combination
« on: October 01, 2010, 14:52:26 pm »

Cobblers have signed  josh parker a winger from Q P R .
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 14:57:48 pm »

Hmmm strange. Can he play up top?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 15:05:03 pm »

Strange indeed!!
The Chronic this morning had Sammo quoted as saying he was happy with what we've got!

According to the offy site, Parker is primarily a right winger, but can also play full-back or up front...... in at Rodgers expense then?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
nathan r

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 15:08:21 pm »

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s633/st157432.htm

highly rated winger / forward with lightning pace.  
Report Spam   Logged
Fred_NTFC

View Profile
Level 6 1000 Posts Search
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 15:11:47 pm »

I guess it's good to add some squad strength... and I'm guessing he must be fairly useful as we're doing okay just at the minute.

Does seem strange timing... considering both Rodgers and Herbert have been showing big signs of improvement lately... hope they don't just get cast aside.

I think most people would like a target-man upfront if anything at the moment to help when playing 4-5-1. I guess if he can double up as a striker it might work out well.
Report Spam   Logged

supajama

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 15:16:40 pm »

In all honesty, we do need a "better" player on the right wing. Rodgers is probably the most improved player in the squad over the last year and always gives 100% but he is still learning the game and is not naturally a right winger. He could perhaps do with a break.

Parker will not be eligible to play at Ipswich as he played for QPR v Port Vale in an earlier round.

Welcome Josh  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 15:18:16 pm by supajama » Report Spam   Logged
Heyford

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 15:21:34 pm »

With playing one up front and 2 defensive midfield players I think it is important to have attacking wide men. Mackay needs support from the wide areas. Rodgers has been playing well but he is more of a defensive wide midfield player than a winger.

Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 15:30:27 pm »

The people complaining after the Chesterfield game that we looked imbalanced and were much stronger down the left than the right have got their wish. Very harsh on Rodgers who has really come on this season but tbh I don't think we've got a natural right winger in the squad at the moment, so hopefully this rectifies that little issue.

It also (hopefully) solves the problem of a lack of decent crosses coming in- Rodgers and Herbert's crossing isn't brilliant and Jacobs prefers to cut inside; as such, the strikers haven't had much service from the wings, but the one time I've seen a really good peach of a cross from the right wing this season, McKay got his head on the end of it and stuck it in the net. Regardless of his height, get him good service from the wings and he'll stick some away, as will McKenzie if he starts. Hopefully we can then start breaking down some of these defensive teams when we're on top in a game.
Report Spam   Logged

Fred_NTFC

View Profile
Level 6 1000 Posts Search
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 15:37:41 pm »

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-qpr/2010/08/25/josh-parker-does-qpr-u-turn-82029-27134596/

Had a loan-spell at AFC Wimbledon but only made 2 sub appearances so I guess it's a bit of the unkown, but 'highly-rated' seems to be popping up alot so he must have something about him. Always good to have some more pace in the side.
Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 15:42:49 pm »

Rodgers and Herbert are improving but are pretty limited when it comes to end product (a cross or shot) so I think this should improve us.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 16:13:07 pm »

Rodgers and Herbert are improving but are pretty limited when it comes to end product (a cross or shot) so I think this should improve us.

Totally agree
Rogers gives us very little in terms of attacking threat and Herbert has really done anything to suggest he can "change games"
If you compare the threat jacobs gives us to what the other 2 have given us on the right it is a pretty logical signing really. 

a good attacking move by Sammo and if nothing else will make the bench stronger
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 16:29:25 pm »

but the one time I've seen a really good peach of a cross from the right wing this season, McKay got his head on the end of it and stuck it in the net. Regardless of his height,

I'm sure it was Gilligan that provided that cross  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 16:36:10 pm »

Have we signed a striker yet? Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
irishman7_uk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 16:41:27 pm »

Happy with this.  Although we have a number of midfielders the right has been a bit weak.  Best performance from a player on the right this year by far was Gilligan against Brighton.

Ive backed Rogers for a while but surprisenly as more people now supporting him due to his effort I am going the other way thinking he doesn't have a place in the team.  Clearly not a right winger and not the best defender either.  Effort is great but effort doesnt win games.  And Courtney Herbert still runs with the ball whilst looking at the ground.  Enough said.

Lets hope Parker impresses and that Herbert and Rogers react to the competition well.

Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 17:09:49 pm »

I thought Rogers has been great the last three days. He was even taking players on like a Jacob-lite the other day at Chesterfield, and while his first touch let's him down sometimes, he always tracks back and gets involved, which is probably good considering Jacobs and Thornton won't be doing much of it. Not sure where Parker fits in the team, but good luck to him.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 17:15:25 pm »

Herbert has really done anything to suggest he can "change games"

That little run at Anfield wasn't too shabby.
Report Spam   Logged
1 for the team

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 17:31:46 pm »

I hear a rumour that herberts is injured and that parker goes stright in to the right mid for tomorrows game dropping rodgers to the bench yet again poor rodgers he has been doing well there samo you need to get it right or you will be the next to one thinks
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 17:33:52 pm »

Effort is great but effort doesnt win games. 

Well thats all thats kept Gilligan in the team for so long!!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 17:48:22 pm »

Happy with this.  Although we have a number of midfielders the right has been a bit weak.  Best performance from a player on the right this year by far was Gilligan against Brighton.
I thought i was the only person who thought this , his crossing that night was great. Although i thought purcell's crossing against watfrd or brum in the pre seasons was the best ive seen in a cobblers shirt this year.

Im happy with this news  , I  think this will keep us playing football rather than lumping the ball up front
Report Spam   Logged

guest216

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 20:35:56 pm »

poor rodgers he has been doing well there samo you need to get it right or you will be the next to one thinks

Someone translate this for me, please.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: