The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:43:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Cheltenham

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheltenham  (Read 5747 times)
derbycobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #220 on: October 09, 2010, 18:01:06 pm »

I listened to BBC Hereford on way back from Cheltenham. They sounded buoyant after their 1-1 draw with 10 men against High Flying Port Vale and looking forward to playing us next week. Things don't look good for Sammo!!
Report Spam   Logged
derbycobbler

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #221 on: October 09, 2010, 18:04:14 pm »

sorry for being a little slow, but, who played left wing today?

First 20 mins Andy Holt, who then went to central defence following Becks sending off.  When Jacobs came on he played there.
Report Spam   Logged
lukenadal

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 09, 2010, 18:09:52 pm »

First 20 mins Andy Holt, who then went to central defence following Becks sending off.  When Jacobs came on he played there.

ah thanks  Smiley i was left wondering who it was after seeing our team sheet, seemed a strange one to play holt there when he's been playing centre back all season.
Report Spam   Logged
dodger

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #223 on: October 09, 2010, 19:21:08 pm »

Beckwiths sending off completely justified in my opinion and quite probably cost us the game
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #224 on: October 09, 2010, 19:29:43 pm »

I wonder how much Becks has cost us........ per playing minute this season???

in money terms..... as well as probably 3 points today
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2010, 20:09:35 pm »

We were all over them for the first 20 minutes, then Becks was justifiably sent off for a stamping, why isn't anyone blaming Becks for the result?

We were all over them for the first 20 minutes until the sending off!

We held them at 0-0 for 40 minutes, hold at 0-1 for as long as possible them go for it for the last 10 minutes to get the equaliser, a perfectly normal tactic. 
Should have put the second striker on then but in any event the only striker scored a perfectly good equaliser which was ruled out wrongly.
Doesn't sound as if Sammo did too much wrong to me apart from not having the luck with the offside decision?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #226 on: October 09, 2010, 21:05:59 pm »

Think Beckwith should be thankful everyone had their witch hunt on Hinton last year. How many f*** ups does he have to make?
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #227 on: October 09, 2010, 21:36:26 pm »

4 wins in 20 League games tells an even bigger story.

Exactly. Relegation form.

Today even with ten men we could have won but our lack of a goal scorer again cost us. Leon has to start up front next week. We looked much better when he came on and if that sub had come 10 minutes earlier I think we would have got a point. We played much better today than last week at least, but when you lose then the performance is irrelevant.

The sending off to me looked harsh. I don't believe for a second it was intentional and look forward to see it again.

Saturday is a HUGE game now, if we dont win it we are in big trouble.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #228 on: October 09, 2010, 21:47:01 pm »

We were all over them for the first 20 minutes, then Becks was justifiably sent off for a stamping, why isn't anyone blaming Becks for the result?

According to Marvo it's not an acceptable excuse. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Erith_Cobbler

« Reply #229 on: October 09, 2010, 21:58:11 pm »

A loss against Hereford and Sammo has to go, to be replaced with a manager with proper experience. I hope it doesn't come to that of course.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2010, 22:10:11 pm »

According to Marvo it's not an acceptable excuse. Roll Eyes

When you encounter a problem, there are those that look for excuses and there are those that look for solutions. No need to guess which catagory you fall into Nut.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2010, 22:17:32 pm »

In this case, the solution is to leave everything as it is and the experience the players/manager will gain from it, and the lessons they will learn, will sort out the problem. A rash reaction like pinning all the blame on Sammo and calling for his head will not help.
Report Spam   Logged

Marvo

« Reply #232 on: October 09, 2010, 22:28:37 pm »

I'm not calling for his head (yet) but if he continues with this stubborness as personified in his latest interview in which he believes we're "moving in the right direction" then it wont be a long time coming, quite possibly a defeat at home to Hereford could tip the balance.

He needs to start McKenzie, he needs to drop Gilligan. If he does that next week then maybe, just maybe he can turn the corner before we career completely off the road!
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 09, 2010, 22:34:41 pm »

I'm not calling for his head (yet) but if he continues with this stubborness as personified in his latest interview in which he believes we're "moving in the right direction" then it wont be a long time coming, quite possibly a defeat at home to Hereford could tip the balance.

That's completely unfair. The general consensus seems to be that we were much better today than last week and dropping the points was more down to shooting ourselves in the foot with certain individuals wasting golden opportunities and in one case, getting themselves a red card after 25 mins. As opposed to last weekend where we were outbattled and outplayed. So it's probably fair to say we're "moving in the right direction". There's a substantial difference between saying that and claiming nothing's wrong, and I don't see why that's "stubborn" either.
Report Spam   Logged

Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2010, 22:36:47 pm »

Jesus christ, have we seriously just lost to Macclesfield and Cheltenham!?
I'm beginning to wonder about Sammo's team selection more and more. Wedderburn and Jacobs should be two of the first names on the team sheet, and 4-5-1 doesn't work with a midget up front.
If we don't beat Hereford next week serious questions have to be asked.

Spot on, exactly the thoughts i had when i heard the team sheet.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Marvo

« Reply #235 on: October 09, 2010, 22:40:48 pm »

I don't judge on one game NUT, not last weeks or todays, I judge over a period of time and we my friend are going nowhere fast. Things need to change and Sammo needs to instigate those changes or become the chnage himself. A target of avoiding relegation is NOT what this club should be about and it certainly shouldn't satify any of our supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #236 on: October 09, 2010, 22:44:36 pm »

It's just as well, Nut, that Cheltenham were tired after their midweek exertions in the JPT.  And that Cheltenham's pitch is much wider than Macclesfield's.  Ooops, and a Cobblers' red card too.  Progress indeed.
Report Spam   Logged
Erith_Cobbler

« Reply #237 on: October 10, 2010, 09:40:25 am »

That's completely unfair. The general consensus seems to be that we were much better today than last week and dropping the points was more down to shooting ourselves in the foot with certain individuals wasting golden opportunities and in one case, getting themselves a red card after 25 mins. As opposed to last weekend where we were outbattled and outplayed. So it's probably fair to say we're "moving in the right direction". There's a substantial difference between saying that and claiming nothing's wrong, and I don't see why that's "stubborn" either.

Or the completely wrong direction when you look at our progression down the table! I personally wouldn't call a poor performance and losing at Macc, then playing better and still losing at Cheltenham "moving in the right direction". When we start picking up points, learning how to take our chances and cut out silly defensive errors, we'll be improving.
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 10, 2010, 10:52:14 am »

A loss against Hereford and Sammo has to go, to be replaced with a manager with proper experience. I hope it doesn't come to that of course.
We can't afford to get rid of him! Cardoza had the bright idea of handing him a 3 year deal... God only knows what league we will be in after his 3 years in charge
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #239 on: October 10, 2010, 14:00:51 pm »

You bore me. Were you overlooked for the job or something?

As for gthe game, Dunn could have done better for the goal rather than just doing what he did. Which was nothing.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: