The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 08:43:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Newport County (a) - Friday 7th April 2023 - 1500hrs KO

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newport County (a) - Friday 7th April 2023 - 1500hrs KO  (Read 8725 times)
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2023, 17:50:32 pm »

Whiffy, I hardly think you are in a position to call Everbrites posts daft judging by your own contributions and name calling other posters is totally out of order.
I never felt that someone with a user name such as yours, would fall into the current trend of being easily offended. Quite the opposite actually.
Newsflash Beryl, this is a football forum, and as such should not be taken too seriously. Its called banter, and as long as you do not breach any rules, or be overly offensive, then "Whiffys" comments are OK.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2023, 18:02:54 pm »

Maybe but there is no reason to insult other posters.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2023, 18:20:14 pm »

Maybe but there is no reason to insult other posters.
Seriously mate, that was hardly an insult. I am sure that "Whiffy" can do far better. And your mate Evers has had numerous warnings and bans in the past.
Now get off your high horse, and accept this forum for what it is, nobody has the moral high ground.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2023, 18:26:41 pm »

As ever, a daft post that consolidates your reputation as a brainsmudge.

I’m going to join in as well - yes I have the occasional spat with Evers but your contribution are neither clever and certainly not funny despite what you think.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2023, 18:37:10 pm »

Those at the top end of the club don't really want us to progress too much, hence the consolidation of players that will never set the world alight. Progress in lower level football costs money and that is the last thing they want. Their aim is to cash in at the earliest opportunity.

for what it’s worth , i have said this before in a manner of speaking .
I wouldn’t say they don’t want success but i would say the level of expectation is below everyone’s else’s .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3551

« Reply #205 on: April 08, 2023, 18:53:29 pm »

I’m going to join in as well - yes I have the occasional spat with Evers but your contribution are neither clever and certainly not funny despite what you think.

Is or are? I am taking it as 'is' due to the lack of a plural on 'contribution '. I don't give a flying toss whether you consider them funny or not. As for 'clever ', well that is clearly beyond you Jack me old sweat-hound. Perhaps you should study the chronology.
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2023, 19:49:07 pm »

Is or are? I am taking it as 'is' due to the lack of a plural on 'contribution '. I don't give a flying toss whether you consider them funny or not. As for 'clever ', well that is clearly beyond you Jack me old sweat-hound. Perhaps you should study the chronology.

Congratulations- yes I missed an “s“ , so well done with a factually correct post rather than immature drivel.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2023, 20:40:41 pm »

I have seen every single minute he played for Cavalry fc in the CPL. Very tidy holding midfielder good eye for a pass and a wand of a left foot on free kicks. Cavalry did very well with him in midfield. Moved to centre back during an injury crisis, played well as part of a 3, struggled in a flat 4. His second season he was touted as a centre half, but rarely started often coming on as a late sub at left back. In fact he started there twice when they were short left backs and was sent off both times, neither was a sending off but he tends to attract a bit of drama on the field. A pacy forward will destroy him, holds his own against target men though. Very left footed and I think this is why he struggles in a 4, left side of a 3 he might be ok for a few games.

Very good write up Sammo and interesting one too! Sounds for me at least he (Norman should be a left midfielder! On the other hand it sounds he could play left of the back three with Guthrie who is also a left footer. Doe this matter though?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2023, 20:54:14 pm »

As ever, a daft post that consolidates your reputation as a brainsmudge.

Grin Grin  Keep it up Methane Gas Guzzler
Report Spam   Logged

WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2023, 21:08:50 pm »

Let's be honest, yesterday was a hugely disappointing performance and potentially a very damaging result. There's no point brushing either of those under the carpet because it was there for all to see.

It wasn't without reason though, was it? We can barely field a side with square pegs in round holes all over the pitch. The players we do have fit aren't getting any rest, have been playing week in, week out and are running on empty. Players are playing with knocks when you normally wouldn't risk them, simply because we have no one else.

I'll happily criticise players when they aren't good enough or just aren't trying. We've had enough players in the past that fall into those categories that we recognise it when we see it. I won't criticise them for being knackered and injured though.

We have a large squad and most of us were cooing about the recruitment, both in the summer and in January so you can't blame the board.

We might not agree with all the tactics or substitutions Brady uses, but look at what he has to work with - he's worked wonders to keep us where we are.

It's no one's fault, it's just the hand fate has dealt us. There's no point getting angry or pointing the finger. Yes, it's frustrating, especially after last year, but all we can do is get behind whichever group of walking wounded we roll out on Monday and hope our support can push them through the pain barrier and get us a result of some sort.

Spot on. Excellent post.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3578

« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2023, 21:41:25 pm »

We will never win every game.

Newport exposed the frailties of the management and not the players.

When your bench cannot even give a place to players you have signed a few weeks ago, how can you claim an "injury crisis"?

As usual, we are being sold s*** as Gold.

Wake up and smell the rrrs.

I repeat..... there is no injury crisis.  We are fielding a full bench, and we cannot even find a place for recent signings.....

Are you guys that gullible?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2023, 22:10:34 pm »

I have seen every single minute he played for Cavalry fc in the CPL. Very tidy holding midfielder good eye for a pass and a wand of a left foot on free kicks. Cavalry did very well with him in midfield. Moved to centre back during an injury crisis, played well as part of a 3, struggled in a flat 4. His second season he was touted as a centre half, but rarely started often coming on as a late sub at left back. In fact he started there twice when they were short left backs and was sent off both times, neither was a sending off but he tends to attract a bit of drama on the field. A pacy forward will destroy him, holds his own against target men though. Very left footed and I think this is why he struggles in a 4, left side of a 3 he might be ok for a few games.

Have just cottoned that you are the Canadian Cobblers fan who travelled to the UK watch the Cobblers play Luton 2015 and witness that great Holmes goal. Is the signing of David Norman a fellow Canadian an amazing coincident?  The give away was your expert appraisal of him.
Report Spam   Logged

sammo4

View Profile
Search Level 5 Combination
« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2023, 13:51:30 pm »

Have just cottoned that you are the Canadian Cobblers fan who travelled to the UK watch the Cobblers play Luton 2015 and witness that great Holmes goal. Is the signing of David Norman a fellow Canadian an amazing coincident?  The give away was your expert appraisal of him.

Yep that’s me… I’m a spencer boy, so not Canadian but the kids are.  Norman is a complete coincidence, probably had more to do with Elliott Simmons. He played for cavalry also, he trained with the cobblers during the Canadian off season as his parents are in leighton buzzard the last few years.

I like to keep an eye on those with dual nationality in the cpl as they have unearthed some gems in the 4 years league has been going. Remember Jason Beckford who was signed by Atkins? Cavalry have signed his son and he scored with his first touch in their last preseason game yesterday, 20 yard thunderbolt. He is one I have my eye on after his season at simcoe last year. If the club want a Canadian scout I’m willing  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2023, 15:36:00 pm »

Yep that’s me… I’m a spencer boy, so not Canadian but the kids are.  Norman is a complete coincidence, probably had more to do with Elliott Simmons. He played for cavalry also, he trained with the cobblers during the Canadian off season as his parents are in leighton buzzard the last few years.

I like to keep an eye on those with dual nationality in the cpl as they have unearthed some gems in the 4 years league has been going. Remember Jason Beckford who was signed by Atkins? Cavalry have signed his son and he scored with his first touch in their last preseason game yesterday, 20 yard thunderbolt. He is one I have my eye on after his season at simcoe last year. If the club want a Canadian scout I’m willing  Smiley

The Club does keep an eye on here so any recommendations might get noticed! Thanks for reply; interesting stuff!
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2023, 16:19:31 pm »

The Club does keep an eye on here so any recommendations might get noticed! Thanks for reply; interesting stuff!
They do, and after everbody on here and Facebook started to question the nature of Hyltons injury, he popped up on the bench. On this basis Harrop should be in Mondays squad.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3551

« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2023, 20:44:03 pm »

Carlo Corazzin.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3566

« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2023, 06:50:22 am »

Carlo Corazzin.

Yes