The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:47:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Emergancy board meeting

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emergancy board meeting  (Read 8089 times)
EastNpton

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 17:52:23 pm »

Unfortuantely when you appoint a rookie manager they are going to make mistakes. Sammo made some very naive tactical decisions. The question is whether the fans/club can put up with it continuing or not.

At the mo I'm sticking by Sammo because we played Hereford off the park in the first half
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 18:29:49 pm »

i was gonna say what grove said but i needn't bother now. its probably about time the club was actively put up for sale
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 23:50:14 pm »

If the club was put up for sale & no buyers came in & money stopped being put in wouldn't administration follow & -10 points & the end of our league status Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
Enya_NTFC

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 5
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 00:02:14 am »

If the club was put up for sale & no buyers came in & money stopped being put in wouldn't administration follow & -10 points & the end of our league status Huh?

If we are gunna go down, may as well do it in style  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 02:51:03 am »

Only if the owner wanted to lose absolutely everything
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
DustCobb

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 03:35:44 am »

We have two huge problems.

1. A clueless chairman.

2. Sadly, a manager not up to the job.

Won't go into the Cardoza stuff as its pretty plain for everyone to see.

Regarding Sammo, club legend, great guy, straight talker,assistant manager, yes? Tactical genius, good organiser, manager, no? His problem is he gets outwitted by other teams formations, whether we don't do enough work on watching other teams or what i don't know. We will go down if it continues that is for sure, i dont think we can wait long enough for Sammo to learn the ropes, it will cost us our FL position. I really want Sammo to do a good job but sadly i think it is time for him to step aside. Some decisions this season have verged on the ludicrous. For us to capitulate like we have done should be the final straw, i appreciate that chopping and changing managers isn't ideal, however in the instance it is imperative, if we can find someone who could organise the defence and have a game plan etc then we will def win more than we lose. Step forward Ian Atkins, your time has come once more.
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 06:10:16 am »

Some people on this site think there humble opinions are cast iron facts!
Re Mr Cardoza would people sell their homes at the bottom of a recession? With the club bottom of League Two who the hell do they think will buy the club and sudsidise the running costs?
My humble opinion is the main focus should be on the management.
They chose to play one striker with the result of a plumetting League position.
They have not brought in a centre forward.
They choose to play a second holding midfielder (Gilligan) alongside Osman.
They choose to leave a left back(Hall) on the bench and play Davis too deep.
They choose to nullify Thornton by playing him wide left instead of behind the front TWO.
Yesterday I left the ground in shock......totally unacceptable.
Over to the players and management.

My humble opinion is the basis of a playoff team is there but the squad backup is very, very poor,

Dunn

Johnson, Tozer, Holt, Hall

Osman

Jacobs,                Davis

Thornton

Centre Forward, McKenzie
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 12:22:17 pm »

Taking place as we speak, rumour has it

Well its only a rumour - but all this clap trap on the Chairman is plain bl**** silly. The simple fact is that Sampson has been relatively well supported.
But the poor start and yesterdays result has put the manager in an impossible situation.Er the well quoted phrase of "Yu dont know what u' doing"
comes to mind.
Disparaging comments as made on this thread about the Chairman are not very clever, after all he keeps the club afloat.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Son Of Geoff

Old T*ts

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 12:25:35 pm »

The club breaks even doesn't it? How is Cardoza keeping it afloat?
Report Spam   Logged

Don't. Talk. Sh*te. Twice.
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 12:49:04 pm »

The club breaks even doesn't it? How is Cardoza keeping it afloat?

After his investment , Isnt he 7 million down ?
Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 12:51:18 pm »

Probably, and its one of the worst investments I've ever heard of. Tough.
Report Spam   Logged
Son Of Geoff

Old T*ts

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 13:00:19 pm »

After his investment , Isnt he 7 million down ?

That's his problem.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't. Talk. Sh*te. Twice.
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 14:03:40 pm »

Give them a chance - play David Cardoza in midfield, and Ian Sampson at centre-back against Oxford. Then if it goes wrong you really can blame them! Well, my point is that hardly anyone on this thread has mentioned the culpability of the actual players, who obviously need either a brain transplant or a rocket up their backside, or both.

Before you remind me, I know that the chairman is responsible for picking the manager, and the manager is responsible for picking the team, so of course any prolonged period of play below the standard we'd expect from our resources and they must start to take the blame, but so far no-one has really mentioned the poor contribution of the players... they are the ones letting us down in scenarios like yesterday.

We are now into a prolonged period of play in the league where our position doesn't lie. I still believe there is massive talent in the side, but they are crumbling pathetically under the slightest hint of a fight-back in the lowliest of opposition, so there are mental problems to be overcome. They still play as if they think they're rather too good for the standard they are in, whereas by now they need to realise that they are no match for a team with fight; yesterday they became a team of petulant and confused nancies when faced with players who had fire in their bellies. That's the difference. Our lot managed that attitude on the stage of Anfield, now they need to do it every week. Those who can't must be off-loaded.

David Cardoza has toiled hard to make the club as financially self-reliant as possible, and although Sammo made some mistakes again yesterday this is not sacking time...another merry-go-round of another bunch of potential managers who all have, in their time, also been sacked for equally pathetic performances from their teams. Somehow we have to break out of that recurring scenario and use what we have to find a solution.
Report Spam   Logged
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 14:50:11 pm »

Whether or not this is the case remains to be seen...

But there is one thing for sure if there is a board meeting... Sammo will be only one more in a line of poor fcukers, that have to take the rap for a club that smacks of incompetency from top to bottom...

Says all that needs to be said really.
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 15:13:37 pm »

i wonder what crap, ill advised decision they`ll make this time  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Marvo

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 16:16:28 pm »

another merry-go-round of another bunch of potential managers who all have, in their time, also been sacked for equally pathetic performances from their teams.

Can you name these managers that saw their club lose a 3-0 lead at home to the club bottom of the entire football league?

Go on, name them?

You can't, can you?
Report Spam   Logged
irishman7_uk

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2010, 16:22:52 pm »

Sammo is out of his depth and his 'legendry' status is blinding a lot of fans in my opinion.  Will end in tears.  After yesterday I would be organising an emrgancy board meeting to discuss what the f*ck is going on.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 16:27:43 pm »

Can you name these managers that saw their club lose a 3-0 lead at home to the club bottom of the entire football league?

Go on, name them?

You can't, can you?

Of course I can't you daft sprat! That's because that is not what I said.
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2010, 16:31:33 pm »

Sammo...that have to take the rap for a club that smacks of incompetency from top to bottom...

How near to the top would you say a manager is in a football club?
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
Marvo

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2010, 16:33:14 pm »

Of course I can't you daft sprat! That's because that is not what I said.

Perhaps you'd better edit your post then because you said "Equally bad performances". Let's hear about these, although what is equal to losing a 3-0 lead to the club bottom of the entire football league is hard to imagine.

PS: Maybe Liverpool losing at home to Northampton Town?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: