The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:35:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Tonight in a Nutshell

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight in a Nutshell  (Read 1996 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 07:49:11 am »

We need a new keeper, Dunn is a liability.

Interesting statement based on last nights game I presume?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Marvo

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 09:01:59 am »

I actually agree with Razor, Dunn never makes a save that you wouldn't expect him to, if that makes any sense.  He is also so big and strong, yet never dominates his box, in fact he has almost become Harper Mark II though I'd never be so rude as to give anybody that label.

Look, I don't blame Sammo for last nights line-up because when you look on the bench there was almost no other option. You could say that was his fault but hey ho.

The team is shockingly bad at present. For me Davis and Osamn are about the only ones really worth their place. McKenzie can only play once a week, McKay desperately needs a workhorse and Thornton is so up and down he should be a fairground ride. Wedderburn is better than Gilligan though I don't know how much that says. There's a lot of hype regarding Jacobs but he's done nowhere near enough to deserve it. As for our defence, well I'd replace the lot if it was at all possible.

We need a clear out (wrong time of year for that I know) from top to bottom. All I can hope is that Cardoza can find the right man this time who can initially stop the slump and then in January can start making the team his own. You can write this season off (what is it, October?) but if the seeds can be planted now for a successful challenge next year then perhaps we can all face treading water for the next few months.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 09:07:11 am »

The team is shockingly bad at present. For me Davis and Osamn are about the only ones really worth their place. McKenzie can only play once a week, McKay desperately needs a workhorse and Thornton is so up and down he should be a fairground ride. Wedderburn is better than Gilligan though I don't know how much that says. There's a lot of hype regarding Jacobs but he's done nowhere near enough to deserve it. As for our defence, well I'd replace the lot if it was at all possible.

Agreed, although for some of them it's very much a case of lack of confidence, being played out of position and being part of an unsettled team. If we could play a consistent back four consisting of Johnson, Beckwith, Hinton and Hall, I think we'd actually be reasonably solid. After all, this was virtually the back four which provided the foundation for our terrific run last season. JJ in particular looks a shadow of the player we had on loan last season, and I think it's very much due to playing in an unsettled back four.

Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 09:21:31 am »

On the subject of Dunn-y's lack of authority / confidence, again in evidence last night.

He has never been the same after his come back from injury and also seemed to be at his best when coached by Simon Brown last season imo.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Chamois

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 10:14:55 am »

Perhaps I'm just an exception, but I have never, ever slagged players off. I don't see the point. I've always been pleased that they have signed up to play in the claret & white.
Report Spam   Logged

"Every Cobblers player is a potential hero, not the villain some portray him as" (to the sound of 'All Together Now').
Marvo

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 10:23:15 am »

Perhaps I'm just an exception, but I have never, ever slagged players off. I don't see the point. I've always been pleased that they have signed up to play in the claret & white.

No you're not an exception, you're just one of those people prepared to accept mediocrity and poor service without complaint. There's thousands of people like you.
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 10:37:48 am »

No you're not an exception, you're just one of those people prepared to accept mediocrity and poor service without complaint. There's thousands of people like you.

Just as well otherwise attendances at Sixfields would be down to 500 or so.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
guest143

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 10:45:42 am »

Yesterday was an embarrassing performance
It was as if we were trying to score on the break then hold the lead
Mckay upfront on his own? Talk about wasting my money
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 10:49:09 am »

Yesterday was an embarrassing performance
It was as if we were trying to score on the break then hold the lead
Mckay upfront on his own? Talk about wasting my money

I disagree and as I have said on another thread we simply looked like a League 2 side playing a championship side which is exactly what it was, 3-1 hardly an embarrassment.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
Cobbler_Paul

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 11:01:50 am »

We need a new keeper, Dunn is a liability.

Harsh but true. Amazingly he is named as 'star man' in the chron today Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
guest143

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010, 11:07:03 am »

I disagree and as I have said on another thread we simply looked like a League 2 side playing a championship side which is exactly what it was, 3-1 hardly an embarrassment.
Yes we did, but there was numerous occasions where there was a lot of space to exploit down the wing and we were to defensive to bother
Mckay upfront on his own is pointless, why not bring on Alex Konstantinou with him or even Harris considering he has pace and is big tall lad to fire crosses in at.
Hardly a sh*t performance but very poor from Sammo.
Report Spam   Logged
dazza

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2010, 12:03:05 pm »

Mckay upfront on his own is pointless,

Especially when the ball is hoofed up field to him all the time. We had nothing to lose so why not give Seb Harris a game with McKay
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 16:45:08 pm »

due to the s***ty scouting work NTFC does. Work in the Community? .. Yes with little children aged 6-10. Dont give a chance to teenagers and lads who are 16/17/18.

Please tell me you're joking with that.

As for the 451 thing. McKay on his own will never work in a million years unless theres a s***load of support from midfield. Then again if Harris did play and did nothing people would moan as to why he was brought on in such a big gme for the club. Damed if he does and damned if he doesnt i suppose, butthats football
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 19:17:32 pm »

Interesting statement based on last nights game I presume?

Last night in particular. He's getting worse.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 20:15:05 pm »

I didn't think we played that badly last night, I would say average but with absolutely no cutting edge.

BUT I left the game absolutely seething, a couple of minutes before the end. Why? I couldn't cope with the predictable seals clapping the team off of the pitch. We didn't give it a go, that was what hurt. Holt up front on his own for the last 10 minutes...what was that all about. Ludicrous, Sammo makes Atkins look like Ossie Ardiles. In fact we also play the Christmas tree formation, the only difference being that the tree is upside down.

Very very rapidly losing interest again. I wont be buying a season ticket next season at this rate. The tactics on display at the moment can only be compared on a level with Terry Fenwicks. Wrong manager end of. In addition no atmosphere whatsoever apart from when we scored.

Interestingly, when we scored I tried on a couple of occasions to start off an Ian Sampsons barmy army chant, both times it landed on death ears. Those who do supposedly want him to stay as manager certainly are not prepared to vocally support him during games. Which I find quite strange? !!
Report Spam   Logged
guest143

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 20:25:44 pm »

Very very rapidly losing interest again. I wont be buying a season ticket next season at this rate. The tactics on display at the moment can only be compared on a level with Terry Fenwicks. Wrong manager end of. In addition no atmosphere whatsoever apart from when we scored.

Interestingly, when we scored I tried on a couple of occasions to start off an Ian Sampsons barmy army chant, both times it landed on death ears. Those who do supposedly want him to stay as manager certainly are not prepared to vocally support him during games. Which I find quite strange? !!
I feel exactly the same, expensive tickets/expensive food/expensive drinks/ and s*** atmosphere. Where I was in the ground we were creating a bit of noise then old bill decided to chuck a load out for standing up although we were at the back? One guy stood up and went to start off a chant and instantly the stewards were on to him, f***ing embarrassing.
Report Spam   Logged
Chamois

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2010, 22:00:45 pm »

Most unforgiveable is that Ipswich played two centre backs at full back and we should have tried to take these on far earlier. It looked to me like a lack of self-belief, maybe understandable at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged

"Every Cobblers player is a potential hero, not the villain some portray him as" (to the sound of 'All Together Now').
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2010, 23:19:48 pm »

Last night in particular. He's getting worse.

Obviously I wasn't there but having watched the goals a couple of times, he wasn't at fault for any of them and the couple of reports I have read today say he kept us in the game early on and was awarded equal match points with MotM Liam Davis.  Huh?  Confusing as you say 'last night in particular'?
Report Spam   Logged

MikeNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2010, 23:23:44 pm »

I don't think he was star at all. A few shots straight at him that was it. Hereford did it for me, at least two of them he should have saved shocking to get beat with them.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2010, 23:37:42 pm »

I don't think he was star at all. A few shots straight at him that was it. Hereford did it for me, at least two of them he should have saved shocking to get beat with them.

Your take on goalkeeping is obviously different to mine.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: