The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:43:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Gillingham - I hope we lose

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gillingham - I hope we lose  (Read 3592 times)
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 11:49:50 am »

You know he's right. If we were to win all of our remaining games this season (and Gilligan was to end up top scorer, not only just here but of the whole division) then I reckon we would all be singing Sammo's praises.

Of course if we were to keep Sammo on, keep on losing and evntually lose our league status because we left it too late to make a difference then I guess on reflection that may not be the case.

Anybody got a time machine so they can fast forward to May, see what happened?

Yes, We stay up by 3 points on the last day of the season (all down to the win against Gillingham) with Sammo still in charge, pheww it was a close one. If we'd lost to Gillingham that day we'd be a non-league, unless of course a new manager had come in and sorted things out
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
dazza

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 11:58:38 am »

But the only one to agree with you is Marvo and he only ever posts things to try and get a reaction, hence some of his more ridiculous stuff.

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 12:52:02 pm »

Chanting at Sixfields, don't be silly.   
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 13:04:36 pm »

What we need is a singing section..... Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Norfolk_In_Chance

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 14:48:10 pm »

If you ever - under any circumstances - want your side to lose then you are not a true fan. I'm sorry, but I think the whole idea is ridiculous and insulting, towards the club, the manager, players and, most of all, the fans who look forward (often in vain) to a little ray of sunshine on a Saturday afternoon.

Hypothetically, maybe if we have nothing to play for on the last day of a season and a win for the opposition sends Peterborough or McDons down!
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 15:08:20 pm »

Sammo should have gone by now as it's very clear he isn't the man for the job. We need action now if we want to preserve our football league status.

I wouldn't go so far as saying I hope we lose on Saturday, of course I don't, but a win will just delay the inevitable. The longer we leave it the more danger we are in of going down. Action needs to be taken now not after Gillingham.
Report Spam   Logged
IzzyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 15:34:23 pm »

Ah, the fickleness of football fans. Sammo was the man for the job last season and now he's not? What has changed:

The squad has taken a 25% hit in wage budget. This has meant a failing squad from last season has only got weaker. How can any other manager change that?

We had one player last season that scored all our goals. He decided to leave to a bigger, better, far more successful club. Clearly Gillingham are all those things...Losing a talisman and trying to replace him is a tall task. Maybe we got one in Purcell, maybe not, we won't know until next season . No manager could've kept Bayo and not many could get someone in on a small budget to do the same job.

Our best players this season are Michael Jacobs, Billy Mckay and Kevin Thornton. All players we had last season but who have come back stronger this term after pre-season and training with the current management. And they are still improving.

Granted, he has made his mistakes but lets not forget this is his first managers job. Leaving the defence short on options was a massive error and there have been a few odd substitutions. I won't comment on his man-management which seems to be lacking but some managers are just like that. Grey was the opposite and he looked a bit weak to me.

The biggest change this season had been our style of football. I can't stand the long-ball game and I think Sammo is doing the right thing in getting our very young team to play the right way. On the days we get it right, we play teams off the park. The days we get it wrong, we looked like headless chickens. But that is to be expected of an inexperienced manager and a young side.

I honetly believe we'll be fine this year. I never thought we would get promoted this season and still think a mid-table finish will happen. If we can keep the squad together, let them grow and learn their trade this season.

I hope DC sees this team as a work in progress that needs a bit more investment, rather than a change in manager.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 15:40:57 pm »

I honetly believe we'll be fine this yearr.

Based on what exactly? We've lost 6 in a row including Hereford, Macclesfield and Cheltenham FFS. If we don't change something then we will keep losing.

I hope DC sees this team as a work in progress that needs a bit more investment.

Investment? Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 15:46:30 pm »

The biggest change this season had been our style of football. I can't stand the long-ball game and I think Sammo is doing the right thing in getting our very young team to play the right way. On the days we get it right, we play teams off the park. The days we get it wrong, we looked like headless chickens. But that is to be expected of an inexperienced manager and a young side.
I hope DC sees this team as a work in progress that needs a bit more investment, rather than a change in manager.
Playing teams off the park.....we're joint bottom of the league... FFS. I'd settle for getting stuffed for 89 minutes and nicking a few results with own goals just for the mo! Shocked
As for Work in Progress ..... it was W-I-P at Notts County last year......progress all the way into the Blue Square....We need action...starting on Saturday ! Especially now the distraction of the Carling Cup is done.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 16:00:59 pm »

Granted, he has made his mistakes but lets not forget this is his first managers job. Leaving the defence short on options was a massive error and there have been a few odd substitutions.

I give up

On the days we get it right, we play teams off the park.

Don't get it right very often though do we
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010, 16:54:22 pm »

I love all this 'well he's made a few errors but we need to get behind him and booing wont help the team' s***.

The biggest error this club could make, is doing what we did with Gray and keeping him far too long and if we arent quick the same will happen again. Dropping into league 2 was just about acceptable, if we fall into non league we've well and truly had it.

Fans were calling for Wilkinson to go at a similar time when we were struggling in this division, whats so different now? He's a club legend, i understand that but some tough decisions need to be made and we cant stagnate, and ultimately fall because of sentiment.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2010, 16:55:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure Sammo won't be sacked, so we may aswell all get behind him and the team, no matter what our views and thoughts are on who should be in charge.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 16:56:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure Sammo won't be sacked, so we may aswell all get behind him and the team, no matter what our views and thoughts are on who should be in charge.

My issue is, is 'getting behind the team' going to change what Sammo says in the dressing room? Will it change how we play? And will it change our results? The answer to all 3 is probably no.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 17:00:12 pm »

It can only help, it will help the players realise we still support them and are behind them, it could change our results, it may, just may, spur them on to give that extra 5 or 10%.

Listen, my personal opinion is that Sammo should leave, i don't feel he is the man for the job however it seems he won't so we may aswell get behind them, rather than moan and keep moaning about something that can't be changed.

Report Spam   Logged
DavCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 17:24:17 pm »

Ah, the fickleness of football fans. Sammo was the man for the job last season and now he's not? What has changed:

The squad has taken a 25% hit in wage budget. This has meant a failing squad from last season has only got weaker. How can any other manager change that?

We had one player last season that scored all our goals. He decided to leave to a bigger, better, far more successful club. Clearly Gillingham are all those things...Losing a talisman and trying to replace him is a tall task. Maybe we got one in Purcell, maybe not, we won't know until next season . No manager could've kept Bayo and not many could get someone in on a small budget to do the same job.

Our best players this season are Michael Jacobs, Billy Mckay and Kevin Thornton. All players we had last season but who have come back stronger this term after pre-season and training with the current management. And they are still improving.

Granted, he has made his mistakes but lets not forget this is his first managers job. Leaving the defence short on options was a massive error and there have been a few odd substitutions. I won't comment on his man-management which seems to be lacking but some managers are just like that. Grey was the opposite and he looked a bit weak to me.

I honetly believe we'll be fine this year. I never thought we would get promoted this season and still think a mid-table finish will happen. If we can keep the squad together, let them grow and learn their trade this season.

Couldn't have possibly put it better myself, well done that man.
Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 17:29:39 pm »

The idea that we're 'playing teams off the park' is just absolute bullsh*t. You think stringing a few passes together equals playing teams off the park? We've only been dominant in say... three league games, one of which we lost as we fell apart after 70 minutes. Get real.
Report Spam   Logged
Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2010, 17:44:05 pm »

The chairman will have to take action at some point if only to deflect critism from himself
Report Spam   Logged
PepesProdigy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2010, 18:03:55 pm »

absolutly ridiculous thread!
what a tit...
if another league 2 fan comes on this site and sees that!
no matter what the situation never say that you hope the team you support lose.
what will be will be, and if sammo is under pressure then sooner rather then later, Cardoza will act and get rid.
Twat! seeing thats made me sooo angry.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2010, 18:08:56 pm »

absolutly ridiculous thread!
what a tit...
if another league 2 fan comes on this site and sees that!
no matter what the situation never say that you hope the team you support lose.
what will be will be, and if sammo is under pressure then sooner rather then later, Cardoza will act and get rid.
Twat! seeing thats made me sooo angry.

You spelt Cardoza's name right at least, that should lighten the mood
Report Spam   Logged
Chamois

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2010, 18:29:55 pm »

Changing the topic slightly, to Gillingham's visit, their website has a guide to Saturday's trip, which includes a 'fact' which will come as a shock to many of us: 'Northampton has a fine town centre'. There wasn't even a hint of irony. Gills expected to bring 800 fans with them.
Report Spam   Logged

"Every Cobblers player is a potential hero, not the villain some portray him as" (to the sound of 'All Together Now').
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: